Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    Is this a joke? It's Pacquiao and it's not even debatable.

I still remember Sweet Pea quitting against some bum on ESPN like it was yesterday.
    Obviously that isn't what you thought at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
      Pacquiao would have embarrassed Whitaker and knocked him out cold in less than 4 rounds. Don't compare a God to a mere mortal human. Pacquiao is on another level.

get off that **** you smoking.

Comment

• I remember SO many posters getting really angry in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          This poll is truly remarkable!
          Its very clear there is a huge number of pac fans on NSB whose passion is only exceeded by their delusion.

Comment

• LOL How is Pacquiao winning this poll? He never beat anyone as great as Azumah Nelson or Chavez SR

Comment

• Whitaker hands down.

Pacquiao?? The guy who was number 1 P4P in the sport and fought Clottey?? Margarito?? and Sugar Old Shane Mosley???
              When there were much more LEGIT fights available??

Comment

• Originally posted by Madjab View Post
                LOL How is Pacquiao winning this poll? He never beat anyone as great as Azumah Nelson or Chavez SR
                The likes of Barrera, Morales, Marquez obviously were rubbish. :roll:

Prime Pacquiao throws too many hard punches in fast combinations. Whitaker would have been massively outworked and probably hiding half the fight. I would expect Pacquiao to outpoint him. Pacquiao has speed that made him far harder to fight than Chavez Sr if you're looking to make him miss then make him pay. You had to be able to tactically stand your ground and throw back without bending over or covering up - like Juan Manuel Marquez can. Pernell would spend too much time bending at the waist, his right hand tight to his chin to threaten Pacquiao's workrate.

They were the same size. Pacquiao blitzed everybody the same size as him except for Morales I and his fights with Marquez. Pernell sees the bell but not the W IMHO.
                Last edited by boxingfocus; 07-25-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  It's not a knock on Pac but there isn't a fighter in history that anyone can say with certainty beats a prime Whitaker.
                  i agree with this, prime whitaker was just untouchable....

Comment

• Didnt pernell score a knockdown on a prime de la hoya? Dlh has an amazing chin and pacquiao couldn't score a kd on a past prime drained dlh he just made him quit on his stool

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
                      The likes of Barrera, Morales, Marquez obviously were rubbish. :roll:

Prime Pacquiao throws too many hard punches in fast combinations. Whitaker would have been massively outworked and probably hiding half the fight. I would expect Pacquiao to outpoint him. Pacquiao has speed that made him far harder to fight than Chavez Sr if you're looking to make him miss then make him pay. You had to be able to tactically stand your ground and throw back without bending over or covering up - like Juan Manuel Marquez can. Pernell would spend too much time bending at the waist, his right hand tight to his chin to threaten Pacquiao's workrate.

They were the same size. Pacquiao blitzed everybody the same size as him except for Morales I and his fights with Marquez. Pernell sees the bell but not the W IMHO.
                      Marquez, Barrera were great wins yet they don't come close to being as great as Nelson, Chavez SR and Whitaker arguably beat prime DELAHOYA.

Whitaker would've feinted Manny right out of the ring without even touching him.

Comment

Working...
                      X