No announcement yet.

Is making 6 fig a year impressive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Okay that explains it, so they came from out of NY?

Lol I didn't want to be rude and say this in my previous post but I was gonna say they sound like out of towners. It's mostly people who are not from NY who want to move to lower Manhattan. New Yorkers who want to live in Manhattan all move uptown and just commute the 45 min train ride to the lower side.
    Yeah, I gotcha. That's me in Chicago. Sure I could live downtown but Uptown is way cheaper. They are out of towners. One from Hong Kong, the other from Denver.

I don't think you can save on 60k I mean 401k and stuff like that. I am sure people got their ways to economize.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Yeah, I gotcha. That's me in Chicago. Sure I could live downtown but Uptown is way cheaper. They are out of towners. One from Hong Kong, the other from Denver.

I don't think you can save on 60k I mean 401k and stuff like that. I am sure people got their ways to economize.

Yeah don't get me wrong i'm not paying $1200-1800 for rent for myself either, for mortgage yeah. But if I stayed there and got a job in the same profession, i'd be at over $100k in 5 years. But with $60k you do not want to raise a fam with that. But yourself? absolutely, you can.

But NYC is not for everyone, I was raised there and NYC is not even for me even though I love the city itself. The town I live in Ohio is quiet and you need to drive everywhere but the rent is $650 and it's a neighborhood full of cops and CO's and like all white people. Way different lifestyle but i'll take it cause I can actually use my money for other things other than only paying bills and rent. I woulda never thought I could save $20k in 1 year but I did here in my first year working doing OT. I'm like wait so I can actually save $100k in 5 years, that must be off...how? That's what happens when you're from NY or any expensive city, the thought of saving a lot of money in 1 year is foreign and almost unrealistic

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Yeah don't get me wrong i'm not paying $1200-1800 for rent for myself either, for mortgage yeah. But if I stayed there and got a job in the same profession, i'd be at over $100k in 5 years. But with $60k you do not want to raise a fam with that. But yourself? absolutely, you can.

But NYC is not for everyone, I was raised there and NYC is not even for me even though I love the city itself. The town I live in Ohio is quiet and you need to drive everywhere but the rent is $650 and it's a neighborhood full of cops and CO's and like all white people. Way different lifestyle but i'll take it cause I can actually use my money for other things other than only paying bills and rent. I woulda never thought I could save $20k in 1 year but I did here in my first year working doing OT. I'm like wait so I can actually save $100k in 5 years, that must be off...how? That's what happens when you're from NY or any expensive city, the thought of saving a lot of money in 1 year is foreign and almost unrealistic
        Yep, you're doing it fam. Props!

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          It's called undefeated. He's been there since the first store opened. They've now expanded. The shoe store is really big they've actually done some exclusive collaboration with puma converse, adidas etc.
          Looked them up, they seem to be one of those custom shoe companies. Guessing a lot of the clientele is a bunch of rich people with a lot of disposable income that collect rare/custom shoes? Sneaker heads, basically?

Comment

6 figures is respectable money.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
              Slightly impressive or very impressive?
              Butler.. Stop trolling

Who cares...
              I hate breaking you down, but apologize to Larry..

Comment

It's an enviable living situation if you're out in the country.

Six figures in the city is the same as making 20k to be honest. You don't break through into a different lifestyle until you're a multimillionaire.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                  I don't know how much engineers make, so can't really compare if he's a well paid engineer, or not. And what's the point in telling people how much u make on a message board. No one's giving you a prize lol.
                  lmao yeah, you are beating a dead horse here

Comment

I wouldn't get out of bed for six figures.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                      Slightly impressive or very impressive?
                      Damn these 100's, who put these in my stacks?

Comment

Working...
                      X