Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did DonKing do to make everyone hate him so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Lol, but I can't say I'd disagree with that or feel bad about it if it actually happened.

Randomly guys like Bob, Frankie & Barry have been bad for boxing too & the sport will be better when they are all gone. Don was just the corruption champion of his era.
    Bla bla.....

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
      Don King stole $300 million from Mike Tyson & $100 million from Julio Cesar Chavez.

Don King deserves to be hung then shot by a firing squad and his corpse fed to a pack of wild beasts all broadcasted live on PPV. With all the proceeds & his money & assets given back to the fighter's he stole money from.
      Sorry, youngster, I have been there before you and thought this one through. He must be left alive for the beasts. Why is there even a need for any bullets, which might chip a beast's tooth?

Comment

As a promoter he put on some great cards but behind the scenes his character was bad. An example was telling Michael Dokes he loved him as a son and stepping over his fallen body to congratulate the new champ Gerrie Coetzee after he ko'd Dokes was just an example of who he was.

Comment

- -Crook!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Sorry, youngster, I have been there before you and thought this one through. He must be left alive for the beasts. Why is there even a need for any bullets, which might chip a beast's tooth?
            Very smart decision , I like where you're going with this hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
              Ik he supposedly stole money from fighters but ik he was able to make all the best fights happend and fighters got rich who worked with him.
              I don't doubt he had some bad qualities. But I think the truth is, people who hate him aren't very successful themselves.

The dude was a master. I am not saying he was a Saint. But he should be seen more as an inspiration than anything else.

I think he wanted Cooney to beat Holmes - I would be pissed if I were Holmes. But I remember hearing Holmes asked about King, and it sounded like he said "I am richer with him than I would have ever been without him" or something like that. (I got to ask him what he thought of Whitherspoon, and he said he was one of the best talents he met in the ring.)

Comment

And yet boxers seem to continue to get tricked by this con man.

Comment

He stole boxers money, and left many of them destitute.

Comment

He killed a man...or two (pretty sure it was two). Stomped one out, as was mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      As a promoter he put on some great cards but behind the scenes his character was bad. An example was telling Michael Dokes he loved him as a son and stepping over his fallen body to congratulate the new champ Gerrie Coetzee after he ko'd Dokes was just an example of who he was.
                      King did a LOT of that. Didn't that also happen when Ali stopped Foreman? He had no loyalty. He was two-faced, oily, a conman and a liar. He'd say anything to get a fighter to trust him. Soon enough, that fighter would be wondering where all the purse money went. King did a number on Tyson and it took a while for Mike to realize it (and get even). Some guys are sociopaths and love to scam. They get a real kick out of suckering someone else. They play Uriah Heep games. They make a fortune and keep it all. They relish all the power.

Some guys, like Jeff Bezos or Donald Trump don't give a whole lot to charity. They never give a sucker an even break.

After all, the man's name IS Don KING and not Don President. He even combed his hair up into a crown. One thing he always had going, and still does, is that big smile and a way of ACTING like he's a nice guy. He almost winks as he says "Only in America."

Comment

Working...
                      X