Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Ready to Admit LOMACHENKO was HYPE JOB?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
    not a hype job. just a lil overrated
    I agree With this

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Ross TV View Post
      Are We Ready to Admit LOMACHENKO was HYPE JOB?
      So, welcome to NSB. Care to share a little about yourself ? How long have you been a fan of boxing ? What's your background in boxing ? How old are ya ? How did you hear of BoxingScene.com ?

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
        So, welcome to NSB. Care to share a little about yourself ? How long have you been a fan of boxing ? What's your background in boxing ? How old are ya ? How did you hear of BoxingScene.com ?
        Tom Ross TV is a former LDBC channel. You can find the channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          It'll be taken care of

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            I agree With this
            What I find with boxers like Loma, commentators go over the top with praise for anything they do even simple moves.

It’s a bit like what they are like with the good Brazil football teams of the past, every single pass was breathtaking.

It’s not the fault of the above but these people are all human, there’s no such thing as the IP man, anyone can have an off night.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
              What I find with boxers like Loma, commentators go over the top with praise for anything they do even simple moves.

It’s a bit like what they are like with the good Brazil football teams of the past, every single pass was breathtaking.

It’s not the fault of the above but these people are all human, there’s no such thing as the IP man, anyone can have an off night.
              I think a lot of it has to do with orders from the top. I can just see Tessitore being told to go over the top to sell boxing to ESPN subscribers. These commentators take it the wrong way with job security and over exaggerate it. And then Bradley MAY PERHAPS simply like being on TV and just exaggerates out of character, having fun. Andre Ward seems to be the realist and takes his position seriously. However, is it a coincidence that on ESPN with a dual conflicting roles with Bradley vs Ward going at it on live air with boxing knowledge? Is that the unique thing offered by ESPN? It seems to work I guess.

ESPN has the most comfortable seat with boxing because it’s the premier sports network in the USA and a respected brand worldwide. It will ALWAYS have boxing no matter what. Private companies don’t have that luxury

Comment

It was the media/fans making statements like, 'best p4p fighter in the history of the sport'. Telling us he's better than Duran, Pac and Mayweather.

It's irritating and creates the 'haters' who just want him to lose so they can call him a hype job. The thing is he's a great fighter that's achieved a lot in the sport but he's nowhere near what some were saying about him. Not sure that's a hype job but someone who was overrated in terms of his skills/abilities and overrated regarding his historical standing in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
                  It was the media/fans making statements like, 'best p4p fighter in the history of the sport'. Telling us he's better than Duran, Pac and Mayweather.

It's irritating and creates the 'haters' who just want him to lose so they can call him a hype job. The thing is he's a great fighter that's achieved a lot in the sport but he's nowhere near what some were saying about him. Not sure that's a hype job but someone who was overrated in terms of his skills/abilities and overrated regarding his historical standing in the sport.

^^^
                  AGree 100%

Comment

what if an alt was actually just a new poster?

anyways...yeah loma isnt a hypejob...at all...he took an L...he might have been hurt/he might not have been...he lost...that 12th round which i thought he was going to take given how he was coming on and sort of having his way with teo he did not take..in fact he lost it clearly and emphatically......

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post

agreed

alot of people will tell you "dont let the media or fans influence how you view a fighter" but that usually comes when it pertains to a favorite of theirs that they want to defend....reality is when fans/media get overzealous of a guy who hasnt really earned it people will backlash against them a bit....when fans who have bashed mayweathers entire career gush over loma its going to happen.....and i happen to think loma is a very damn good, gifted, fighter.....i dont think he beats floyd at any weight....but that doesnt matter.....its when people get crazy that loma gets heat....there are many posters here who dont live in the real world...when you bash guys like canelo, andre ward and floyd every day expect your "favorite" to be held under the microscoepe too

Comment

Working...
                      X