Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte Doubts Wilder Will Fight Again: He's a Coward and a Disgrace!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whyte is a moron if he believes that

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
      Yes that’s what Hustler claimed while Falwell claimed SLANDER. Parody or not Breland is a PUBLIC FIGURE. Trust me he doesn’t have a case. I could go on tomorrow all over Facebook claiming I slammed Brittney Spears and she paid me. Guess what? No case.

Good luck believing that he does. Public figures have little protections when it comes to slander.
      Again, please god just stop, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Firstly Falwell didn't claim slander which is speech, the case decided if a parody ad in the magazine was libelous, which it wasn't, the precedence set was that a reasonable person wouldn't have taken the parody as factual, remember Hustler was known for its political satire and humor as well as nudes.

The reason why you probably wouldn't get sued for defamation by Brittney Spears is because you are a nobody and no one cares what you say, now if you were Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos and you start making defamatory statements that are known false or recklessly disregard the truth see how you fare.

Again, just so you hopefully get it this time, Hustler v Falwell set a precedent that you can parody or satirize a public figure so long as a reasonable person would not interpreted as fact. This has absolutely nothing to do with Wilder's statements, unless you claim he was being satirical and in that case the only laughter would be coming from the judge for pursuing that defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        No he didn't. Wilder did.
        He was virtually bleeding in every opening in his body.
        No shame in fighting the best and losing to the best.

Getting KO'd out cold by a washed up 40 year old "has been" is a different story. But nothing is as bad as being beaten into quitting by a chubby B grade short obese mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Hold on. He fought fury. That isn’t running away from comp.

I agree no sympathy for him and his many excuses. He just got his ads beat.
          Takes on the world #1 twice. But matchroom fanboys with hard ons for AJ/Whyte still say hes scared and running ???

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
            Again, please god just stop, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Firstly Falwell didn't claim slander which is speech, the case decided if a parody ad in the magazine was libelous, which it wasn't, the precedence set was that a reasonable person wouldn't have taken the parody as factual, remember Hustler was known for its political satire and humor as well as nudes.

The reason why you probably wouldn't get sued for defamation by Brittney Spears is because you are a nobody and no one cares what you say, now if you were Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos and you start making defamatory statements that are known false or recklessly disregard the truth see how you fare.

Again, just so you hopefully get it this time, Hustler v Falwell set a precedent that you can parody or satirize a public figure so long as a reasonable person would not interpreted as fact. This has absolutely nothing to do with Wilder's statements, unless you claim he was being satirical and in that case the only laughter would be coming from the judge for pursuing that defense.
            He has no c a s e

“A public figure is a person, such as a politician, celebrity, social media personality, or business leader, who has a certain social position within a certain scope and a significant influence and so is often widely of concern to the public, can benefit enormously from society, and is closely related to public interests in society.[1]

In the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy, a public figure cannot succeed in a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements in the United States unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice by knowing the falsity or by reckless disregard for the truth.[2] The legal burden of proof in defamation actions is thus higher in the case of a public figure than in the case of an ordinary person.”

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              He has no c a s e

“A public figure is a person, such as a politician, celebrity, social media personality, or business leader, who has a certain social position within a certain scope and a significant influence and so is often widely of concern to the public, can benefit enormously from society, and is closely related to public interests in society.[1]

In the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy, a public figure cannot succeed in a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements in the United States unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice by knowing the falsity or by reckless disregard for the truth.[2] The legal burden of proof in defamation actions is thus higher in the case of a public figure than in the case of an ordinary person.”
              Jesus christ just take your L. By your own cut and paste you should know that reckless disregard for the truth overcomes the increased public person leeway, oddly enough that was in the very post you were replying to. You want a textbook example of reckless disregard for the truth, how about claiming someone poisoned you without the slightest evidence, why yes that would work perfectly.

At least you have stopped claiming Hustler v Falwell is in some way precedence, maybe you can switch to NYT v Sullivan which is the precedent case for public persons libel which you would have used from the start if you had any idea what you were talking about, but since you didn't know the difference between slander and libel I won't hold my breath.

Again, stop pretending you know about things you clearly don't.

Comment

I would love to see Wilder vs Whyte. They have so much bad blood and both are coming off a KO loss. First person to land a big punch wins!

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                  I would love to see Wilder vs Whyte. They have so much bad blood and both are coming off a KO loss. First person to land a big punch wins!
                  Not sure about that. Wilder gets up, even if on shaky legs. He's got an OK chin as seen in Fury as well as Ortiz matches. Whyte on the other hand chicken dances or goes to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                    No shame in fighting the best and losing to the best.

Getting KO'd out cold by a washed up 40 year old "has been" is a different story. But nothing is as bad as being beaten into quitting by a chubby B grade short obese mexican.
                    Wilder and his beat wins are not man enough to fight this same old and washed up warrior.
                    Who have they been fighting all these while?

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
                      Jesus christ just take your L. By your own cut and paste you should know that reckless disregard for the truth overcomes the increased public person leeway, oddly enough that was in the very post you were replying to. You want a textbook example of reckless disregard for the truth, how about claiming someone poisoned you without the slightest evidence, why yes that would work perfectly.

At least you have stopped claiming Hustler v Falwell is in some way precedence, maybe you can switch to NYT v Sullivan which is the precedent case for public persons libel which you would have used from the start if you had any idea what you were talking about, but since you didn't know the difference between slander and libel I won't hold my breath.

Again, stop pretending you know about things you clearly don't.
                      That truly odd. I thought by now that his case would be forthcoming cause you know it’s such a slam dunk. If it were there’d be no doubt in anyone’s mind that it would have been filed or at least threatened. Who would pass on millions if there was such an easy case to be made. He knows there isn’t a case, his lawyers know there isn’t a case; thus no case.

Comment

Working...
                      X