No announcement yet.

After hours of rumination; I realized the truth about GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
    Nobody u mentioned 2 was as bad as Steve Rolls.

Every other person had a belt, was an ex champion.

GGG literally found some random guy no one ever heard of and KOed. He mineswell have fought a amateur boxer
    I already answered that point. Rocky Fielding and Amir Khan, at MW, were not just "as bad as" Rolls, they were worse than him.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
      Hagler also beat ARGUABLY one of the top 10 ATG in Sugar Ray LEONARD.
      Hate to put it this way - but "at the end of the day", who's hand was raised....?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        what guys at 168 was he even supposed to fight? they never answer this honestly. he tried to fight froch and ward who were the 2 best and they both turned him down. froch chose retirement and ward chose pavlik/sartison and then to war with hbo and his promoter instead. james degale? abraham?
        Shhh ... you're not supposed to mention that GGG wanted to fight Ward in 2012. It's against the ethos of this site.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
          Blame the Klitschko's and LOeffler. That was their plan, but it was mostly Loeffler telling the Klit bros how he could make the K2 brand a success by milking GGG at 160, and HBO liked the idea. HBO's demise was because of disrespecting the integrity of daring to be great and only focused on making subs, all company men. If HBO employees of all sorts cared, they would've been pressuring GGG to fight Ward long ago or Canelo when he was at 154.

Loeffler even went lengths to create ''Mexican style'' with Abel and the whole Californian audience bought it, taking MExican-American fight fans for a ride.

GGG was a successful marketing proxy to beat Mexican boxers, so you have other fans from various backgrounds whom loved the idea. I mean why does GGG GLoveking, Kafkod or W1LL love GGG so much? I assure you they don't look like Kid Galahad

Remember a guy named Floyd Mayweather. Do you remember him when he fought at the lower weights and was a Holy Terror. He stood in front of his opponents made them miss and made them pay. He went for knockouts but then he morphed into Money Mayweather. Ran around the ring used spoiling tactics and generally made unexciting fights. I was a big fan of his but I did not like how he changed up. People were getting sick of it and with no immediate PAC Mayweather fight in the forseeable future a guy like Golovkin that was knocking people out was exciting and caught the public's eye. He wasn't groomed as you say to beat Mexican fighters. On his way up he fought relatively few Mexicans. Yeah the Mexican style was a marketing ploy but so what. His style at the time more resembled Mexican fighters than any other style so it was a obvious way to increase his appeal. You are also implying that some or most of his followers like him for his skin colour. If you think that is racist why don't you have the guts to come out and say those names you mentioned are racists which is what you are getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
            Hagler was already a made man by 27 and retired at 32 years of age.

at 30 GGG fought Proksa on his HBO debut.
            /Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
              It took you hours to come to that? How about golovkin is a dedicated professional and choose to stay at 160 as he trains religiously and like mayweather and many others before him has no issue making Weight in his given weight class.
              WTF???

Mayweather has gone through 5 weightclasses...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                ducking bute? the guy carl froch flattened?
                you're not addresing the reality that golvokins team made the right decision to stay at 160 lbs for the money. they didn't move up to 168 or 175 lbs. they instead fought a string of very light opposition off of pay per view leading up to the jacobs fight.
                Personally I look at things a different way that most people do. Its not a question of who ducked whom its a question of both Ward and GGG wanting a high profile fight but taking different paths to get there. For instance, GGG could have moved up and fought Ward to get that high profile fight. He could have taken a fight a two at 168 to acclimate himself to the weight before challenging Ward. That's pretty much what Ward did to get the fight with Kovalev. Or Ward could have fought more often and looked impressive against lesser opposition while constantly calling out GGG until demand for the fight built up to the point where it had to happen. That's pretty much what GGG did to get the Canelo fight.

At the end of the day both guys got what they wanted and fans got fights they wanted. Everyone wins. Well almost everyone, GGG didn't get the W over Canelo but hey....he took a chance by waiting for the big fight when he could have sucked it up, agreed to a catch weight and got the fight at a younger age. But overall I think everyone is fairly happy with how things turned out.

Precise details of the meeting Golovkin was referring to are not easy to find, though neither Ward nor HBO have ever denied it took place. Assuming the conversation unfolded exactly as GGG described it, Ward’s response indicates that it likely took place during his hiatus from the ring in 2013, when he was sidelined after tearing his right shoulder and also embroiled in a legal dispute with his promoter, Dan Goosen. As such, the fact that Ward said he was not “ready to box” at that time is hardly surprising.[/B][/I]
                I don't know the full details either but your interpretation certainly seems plausible. But its been a while so I don't remember exactly when Ward's calling out of GGG started exactly. I know it happened sometime after GGG started getting his HBO push but I am not sure when he fired that first shot. I know his promotional issues were definately going on when he was calling out GGG but if he was doing it when he was hurt as well then he could f u c k off you know what I mean. At that point he's just pissing in the wind.
                Last edited by yankees7448; 11-08-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

He never fought north of 160, and has been stuck there for absolutely years. How can he be considered to be great when he's been stuck in one division for more than a decade? If he was truly great; he would have went to 168 and destroyed Ward, and the other champs at that weight, then moved up to 175 and done the same. This will always be an asterick to GGG, moving up would cement his legacy. It's too bad as an old man, his time in boxing is nearly at an end.
                  Ever heard of Marvin Hagler? Carlos Monzon?

Many more examples of great fighters who stayed in one weight class predominantly their whole career, but these are a couple of notable ones in the very same division as Golovkin. Dominating your division over a long period of time and clearing out all challengers is often times more impressive than moving up in weight. Particularly nowadays since there are more weight classes and at LEAST four(!) 'world titles' in every division. That's why you get guys like Broner who is able to call himself a 'three weight world champion'.

Comment

Hagler unified all the belts, something GGG failed to do. Hagler also beat ARGUABLY one of the top 10 ATG in Sugar Ray LEONARD. Hagler is at a high level of boxing.
                    Your whole thread is based on ggg is not great because he never moved up. Yet, you don't hold the same standards to Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      "asterick"
                      That would make for a hilarious name

Comment

Working...
                      X