Who wins? Luis Ortiz vs Alexander Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Feelgood wins this one.

Comment

Let them fight on a barge a mile out international waters, no drug testing, and I bet it’s still a huge let down. Dusty finish. Nobody wins.

Comment

Right now? Toss up, Ortiz was brutally knocked out, no telling how well he recovers. Pedvetkin hasn't been the same since he got busted and got knocked down by Price.

Ortiz pre-Wilder & Pedvetkin on roids, I still pick Ortiz.

Fury's, Joshua's, even Jennings made Pedvetkin's performance vs Wlad look like a complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
          If Ortiz was 5 years younger I think he beats all of the heavyweights.
          A younger version of Ortiz is easily better than Joshua or Wilder, and on the Level of Klitskcho.
          He's the most skilled heavyweight i've seen in a while outside of the brothers.
          I honestly think had they fought in the past 3 years, Ortiz would have beat Klitskcho.
          So Ortiz by knockout.
          Lolx.... You are so funny....
          You sounded like Ortiz started boxing last year.
          Ortiz has always been around all these years, even in the last 5 years, hez been boxing so spare us that sermon.
          Ortiz has done nothing special in boxing to be remembered.
          So don't come here to sell your assumptions and massage your ego.
          Ortiz was still in the mix when all the belts were vacant, what did he do?

Comment

Ortiz would win unless he doesn't have it at 49 anymore as we may not see him at his best as he was against Wilder ?

Hopefully he has enough for a few more so we can actually see how he fares against others bc BOTH Ortiz and Wilder are really unproven bc they actually havent fought anyone at top level besides themselves but Ortiz has Jennings , Wilder has ?

Both Ortiz and Povetkin are top level fighters both looked really good in their last fights and these are the types that really step it up in top fights though Ortiz only has one true top fight and Povetkin has great big fight experience though i would take Ortiz .

Assuming Ortiz still has it ,his overall size and ring IQ would get him over Povetkin but its a tough fight , i would see it a fight Povetkin probably lasts 12 rnds and wins 4 of them . Ortiz is one of those guys in the top 10 that can stop come forward aggressive fighters while maintaining good technical boxing , Joshua , Joyce , and Ortiz are the 3 that can shut you down fast and dominate an ENTIRE fight.

Ortiz by UD !

Comment

Would be a very interesting fight for sure, two highly skilled veterans with lots of amateur experience. Povetkin takes it, Ortiz won't be able to handle the power, skill and aggression of the russian. And look at their resumes (both pro and amateur), it's not even close.

Comment

Both can bang, but Ortiz is craftier, not to mention the fact that he's a rare heavyweight southpaw. Sure, he's old for a heavyweight but Povetkin is well past his prime as well. I'd favour Ortiz.

Comment

Povetkin and Whyte would fall to Ortiz's counter shots.

Comment

As I just mentioned in the other thread , Ortiz should fight Hunter -Povetkin winner. Ruiz fight, if Ruiz loses to Joshua, is also fine.

Ortiz -Povetkin would be great "loser retires" fight.

Comment

I think Ortiz wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X