Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson four years older than he claims to be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson four years older than he claims to be?

Just recently someone told me a story that Tyson is actually four years older than he claims to be. It sounded like a bunch of crap.. Something like he was arrested when he was 18, he told the cops he was 14 and they had no record of his birth, etc.. However, its an interesting concept.

I figure if anyone knows it would be the posters who frequent this section. Anyone know if this is true/where this originated from or even heard of this before?

Originally posted by Sociopath View Post
    Just recently someone told me a story that Tyson is actually four years older than he claims to be. It sounded like a bunch of crap.. Something like he was arrested when he was 18, he told the cops he was 14 and they had no record of his birth, etc.. However, its an interesting concept.

I figure if anyone knows it would be the posters who frequent this section. Anyone know if this is true/where this originated from or even heard of this before?

very confident that it would have been substantiated by this stage

tyson was the most well known athlete on the planet for many years

a year or two on the resume of a baseball great from the DR is one thing

four years on the HW champion from brownsville brooklyn is something different

he was also allegedly in and out of youth homes (juvenile institutions / prisons.) they'd figure out how old he was eventually if his records are being constantly scrutinized

so in summation; i wouldnt say that i can dispell said rumor with any degree of finality, but i'd be shocked if it were true.

it's asking a lot for it to be

A: true and B: completely unknown
    Last edited by New England; 05-11-2012, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      very confident that it would have been substantiated by this stage

tyson was the most well known athlete on the planet for many years

a year or two on the resume of a baseball great from the DR is one thing

four years on the HW champion from brownsville brooklyn is something different

he was also allegedly in and out of youth homes (juvenile institutions / prisons.) they'd figure out how old he was eventually if his records are being constantly scrutinized

so in summation; i wouldnt say that i can dispell said rumor with any degree of finality, but i'd be shocked if it were true.

it's asking a lot for it to be

A: true and B: completely unknown
      That's thing that gets me is that if this were true, it would have been well known by now. I'm just curious how that rumor got out.

Comment

I believe in order to fight in the olympic boxoffs or trials a birth certificate would be required. But either way, his age if inaccurate, would have have made public during his trial and incarceration.

But if Archie Moore's age is in dispute still to this day I imagine anything is possible.

Comment

No but I heard Sam Peter is really like 45 years old.

Comment

False! can't box in the J.O USA program without a birth cert. and double proof was needed. Mike had all the proper paper work and I go back to about 82 or 83 handling him in Colo. Springs Training Center. (first or second year of the facility being opened) Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              No but I heard Sam Peter is really like 45 years old.
              I've heard one or two rumours about yer good self too.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                I've heard one or two rumours about yer good self too.
                So you did eh? And those would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  So you did eh? And those would be?
                  Can't remember, mate. It's been a while.

Comment

Hagler was believe to be older than 32, when he fought Leonard, but then its all rumors.

Comment

Working...
                    X