Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez weighed 144 against FLoyd, they said Floyd was too big.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
    If Floyd ever faces Manny and Manny weighs 144, will they say FLoyd was too big?
    marquez was fat

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez
      So it was okay for Manny to go up and face Oscar?
      Remember it was called "The Dream Fight". Oscar was heavily favored to win the fight over Manny. Boxing writers were actually angry at Oscar for fighting such a small guy. This is why Manny gets complete credit despite fighting a completely weight drained Oscar. Don't blame me for the credit blame the ones doing it.

But Floyd got discredited because Marquez was coming up?
      Floyd had already built a resume at welterweight and was comfortable at the weight. Marquez is a natural featherweight. While Marquez did beat (KO, in fact) Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor at lightweight you could see in both fights that Marquez was getting hit more than he used to. You could say it's his age or probably the weight. I don't really know. Floyd was also heavily, heavily favored to beat Marquez, which he did handily.

SO one fight is good enough? Does that mean your a real WW? If thats the case, why the cotto catch weight? Im not understanding you guys.
      I agree with you about the catch weight that it was not needed. I believe that both sides agreed to a catch weight due to two factors: Manny's power and Cotto's ability to fight back. While Manny did beat Oscar, I think it was Team Pacquiao's belief that it was his speed that beat him added with Oscar dangerously low weight. The fact that Oscar never really fought back probably added to the equation. Keep in mind that Oscar never fought at 147 in nearly a decade.

For Manny's fight with Cotto, Manny was fighting against somebody who was fighting at welterweight for quite a while. I think it was their belief that removing one more pound (Cotto's weight in his last fight was 146) would be in Manny's advantage thus making the fight first "true" welterweight fight. Probably another reason was that Team Pacquiao believed that his power would not go up with him in weight.

If Floyd was weighing 144 fighting margarito for the JMW title all hell would break lose....they'd call that cherry picking at its finest.
      The only hell breaking loose would be the *******s getting all pissy. Hell, if Floyd was fighting against Margarito for the JMW belt he probably wouldn't give a catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        JMM struggled in stopping Joel and Diaz at 135
        he had no business eating up to 144
        and Floyd will never fight Pac anyway
        how do you struggle to stop someone? he knocked them the **** out it had nothing to do with weight he beat them but they were top guys in the division. maybe manny looks more invincible because he knocked out david diaz when marquez fought the better comp. maybe marquez didnt look good because he fought mayweather and manny beat a broken cotto with no gameplan a washed up oscar and a battle worn hatton. im sure marquez could hang with any of them 3

Comment

Originally posted by Picazo View Post
          Didnt he weigh in at 142?
          Yes. He did.

Comment

Working...
          X