No announcement yet.

Absolute proof Ward blows weren't low

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
    I always favored Serg in that fight but man! Once you see a fighter mentally broken like that, it's hard to be confident in them going forward. He no longer has the aura of invincibility. All his fights from here on out will be really tough.
    Stevenson will come out swinging for the fences trying to decapitate. Hell if he smart he will throw some hard **** to Kovalev body to set him up.
    Last edited by Mister Wolf; 06-18-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Most of the punches were legal but reading some of the comments you'd think Ward threw a bunch of Golota punches.

Comment

• Besides that last punch, are there any other ones that went low?

Every other punch seemed perfectly legal.

Kovalev fans are clinging to one punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          They're claiming that's "borderline"
          Whats worse is u guys are trying to discount the whole sequence up to that point....thats funny ****. Ward was hitting him and Kol wasnt doing **** except, finding a place to hide.

You are using one punch that was low as the reason he lost...the reason was because the shots he was taking and wasnt fighting back...unless being hunched over defenseless is a new tactic

Comment

• Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Most of the punches were legal but reading some of the comments you'd think Ward threw a bunch of Golota punches.
            Exactly sir

Comment

• Just rewatched, great fight, kovs jab was on point but ward was landing some great shots, from the 4th round on kov was pretty much finished. Weeks said anything on the belt line is legal. The last blow was pretty much legal with the bottom of the punch illegal but it wasnt a ball shot like these hurt clowns are posting. Ward beat kovs ass!!! Kov was reacting to thos body shots like they were the end of the world. Good work we will have fun with all these excuse threads, keep them coming!!!

Comment

• Yep while some was LOW no question, most was right on the LINE and I also thought Kovalev complained a few times to buy himself time to recover from some good body shots

That being said, when you spent months threatening someones Career/Livelihood should I feel sorry for Kovalev? Because I Don't!

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  It seemed that Kovalev was crying wolf.

That last punch however is tricky, made trickier by the fact that Kovalev is bending over. Borderline punch.
                  I agree, but it's a fight. What's SOG supposed to do? He's got to keep digging bc he's got Kovy hurt. As any fighter will say, "protect yourself at all times".

Comment

• Legitimate knock out.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Yep while some was LOW no question, most was right on the LINE and I also thought Kovalev complained a few times to buy himself time to recover from some good body shots

That being said, when you spent months threatening someones Career/Livelihood should I feel sorry for Kovalev? Because I Don't!
                      One punch below the belt warrants a break in the action, a recovery time for the fighter, and a warning to the offender.

Doesn't matter if two punches landed on the body and two landed below the belt, that's still a foul.

Many of you guys are bending over backward to say this was okay, it wasn't.

Just cause you buzz your opponent doesn't mean you can finish him off with low blows.

Comment

Working...
                      X