Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Last week, the World Boxing Association (WBA) issued a purse bid extension for mandatory fight between middleweight champions Gennady Golovkin and Daniel Jacobs.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      yeah, its such a shame when the defending champion with 3 world titles doesnt bend over for his lesser-known mandatory challenger........
      Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Yes it is a shame. GGG needs a big opponent and this was it but he wanted more money and now we get Johnson or this Blanco guy.

Like i said soon you all will change your course on this negotiation thing

But the fight isn't off just yet
      This dude parades around as a "fan of the sport" which I know is a damn lie cause I know his post history when it comes to Floyd and anything Haymon related but here he is working his way to justifying the duck IF Jacobs vacates. And even trying to blame GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        then how come the WBC wanted to force a 55/45 purse split??
        Interim Champion gets 45% when facing the regular champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          then how come the WBC wanted to force a 55/45 purse split??
          different sanctioning bodies have different rules. The WBC it seems gives more weight to the "Interim" title than the WBA does and as such they reward them with a higher split......

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
            Interim Champion gets 45% when facing the regular champion.
            but both Jacobs and Golovkin are champs, why no 60/40 split??

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Mendoza said they'd mandate it right away? Even then, i'll wait until they actually mandate it to see if it happens. They always say they'll mandate a fight, littered all throughout even GGG's career.

As for Danny, he's crying about not being a star.... well here's why. If he doesn't take a fight, guess what, back to Reading with him. It hurts any growth in his career, he'll stay at the bottom and do nothing.
              Also Al on money saver mode... with all those low numbers, there's really no justification to keep compensating him the same amount. Why invest that much in Danny when a guy like Thurman or spence can produce numbers or 2 fighters fighting each other that'll produce good numbers? Maybe two years ago, but maybe not now

Well, the WBA did mandate Golovkin/Fletcher and K2 was able to convince them not to force that fight, but then that's how Danny got his title. Maybe Eubank saves the day and throws himself on the Blanco grenade?

As for what you said about Danny - you're just a hater. Danny had cancer and he's the face of Brooklyn Boxing in Pennsylvania! He'll get 1.3 Peter Quillin's for a Caeleb Truax rematch on the next Danny Garcia tune-up fight undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                This dude parades around as a "fan of the sport" which I know is a damn lie cause I know his post history when it comes to Floyd and anything Haymon related but here he is working his way to justifying the duck IF Jacobs vacates. And even trying to blame GGG.
                What does floyd have to do with this? And I'm a fan of Haymon?

I am a fan of this sport. First and foremost. Try to say I'm not and thats ok cause this place is full of trolls.

It will look bad on both is what I'm saying. GGG needs this as much as Jacobs.

Comment

Not looking good for this fight at all. And that will reflect badly on BOTH men.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Triple? How much money do you think this fight is capable of generating? This isn't a huge fight, there's a couple million+ for Gennady and probably $1.5m+ for Danny. Nothing absurd about these figures. Of course if it goes to a purse bid, the 75/25 are the WBA rules and those have been the rules. Everyone knew this going in, which is why it's better for Jacobs to strike a deal.

The problem likely is Danny's side wants money that isn't there - If he still wants "more than two peter quillins" "but less than $10 million" they can't just pull that kind of money out of thin air. There is a realistic ballpark figure that needs to be accepted.
                    25 x 3 = 75

If Jacobs makes 1.5 mill then GGG makes 4.5 mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      thats ok cause this place is full of trolls.
                      And you're one of them parading around as a fan of the sport. While your bias for a certain group pours thru your pores.

No fan of the sport would be ok with Jacobs vacating like you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X