Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev Rematch Finalized - June 17, Mandalay Bay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    I need to see something more official before I comment. I hope that it is true though
    That's Chris Mannix from SI, he's as reliable as Yahoo, ESPN. And it's not a big deal, it's just an agreement, no contract signed yet. Not hard to believe. Agreements are made all the time, it's the second step in negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Robinson Cano didn't want to sign with the Yankees for 7 years $170 million dollars. He wanted a 10 year contract...smh, Cano ducking baseball
      LOL. He sure wasn't ducking Seattle when they gave him that FAAAAAATTTT check.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I don't know Szef. NSB has a terrible habit of running with things that certain boxers say and take it completely out of proportion especially during negotiations for a fight.

A number of posters pointed out that Ward was looking to secure an HBO deal as part of the negotiation. Posters ignored that and went with the absolute worst possible negative crap they could come up with.

Ward doesn't have to just gove Kov whatever he wants to prove he wants to fight him.
        Bro, all of this doesn't matter in this case because Ward signed the rematch clause.

On NSB, truth is usually somewhere in the middle of an argument but in this case Ward and his defenders were in the wrong, it really is that simple.

It's good that Ward has finally (allegedly) signed the contract but it doesn't erase his past comments and actions (or maybe the lack of them).

Comment

That's Chris Mannix from SI, he's as reliable as Yahoo, ESPN. And it's not a big deal, it's just an agreement, no contract signed yet. Not hard to believe. Agreements are made all the time, it's the second step in negotiations.
          Indeed, it can all fall apart at the negotiations

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            bbbut oakland...bbbut he'll never fight kovalev....bbbut he'll never rematch him!

bu bu bu, he should remat....

dayum...nothing else to bytch about...

Comment

Robinson Cano didn't want to sign with the Yankees for 7 years $170 million dollars. He wanted a 10 year contract...smh, Cano ducking baseball
              I never said Ward was ducking Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                damn why. had ward retired without this rematch he would've been crucified in the media for eternity. it's kinda like calzaghe never giving hopkins a rematch. the media gives him a pass but hes a b*tch in my book forever.
                Oh yea I don't disagree with your take on the rematch. I've just never felt invested in Ward at all. I've never been a Bhop, Molina, Ruiz frequent holding/clinching type style of fighting fan. Respect to Ward as a fighter I mean the guy hasn't lost since before his balls dropped, but I don't really give much of a f#ck about watching him from a fan POV.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Been saying this for the last month while everybody else was wetting their pants over negotiations.

Stay out of people's business and enjoy the fights!
                  This literally happens with every fight that doesn't get made in 2 seconds.

Danny is scared of Lucas Matthysse. And Keith Thurman.
                  Ward is scared of Kovalev. Then he was scared again.
                  Jacobs was scared of GGG.
                  Canelo was scared of Lara.

It's ridiculous. Let the negotiations play out before there's an uproar

Comment

Good that the fight is apparently made. There was an immediate rematch clause. Very simple. It didn't have to take so long but whatever.

Comment

Look at all these morons we've already established the coWARD was forced cause kov didn't give in and move on, now I can't wait to see him Ko'd

Comment

Working...
                      X