No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez-Gennady Golovkin II: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    so..... not the guy who runs around in a sombrero demanding that his opponent stand and fight like a Mexican..... but then gets on his bike.....?

gotcha
    Lmao no not that one.. I think he russian.. Idk some old guy

Comment

the Mexican exploitation thing was always lame

but now that gimmick has crashed and burned, Golovkin needs to become a REAL samurai and turn his attention toward Murata

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        It's a tough fight to call right now imo. I think Canelo has the edge in experience, toughness, and chin. Charlo is probably quicker to the punch and he's just so damn big and electric. Those twins generate a lot of torque on their shots. I also think Mall has a more intentional (and less educated) jab than Golovkin. Meaning it comes harder and with less thought ( I'm saying this makes it quicker lol).

I think it comes down to who's counter shots are more effective. For this reason, I lean towards Canelo. However, Mall has shown the ability to be a very solid fighter at making adjustments.

I could see a fight where Canelo is outboxing him for 4 or so rounds and then he adjusts and start landing those sharp counters and jabs. The question becomes how sharp will Mall be by rounds 8 or 9. Canelo's body work would have set in by this point. How the twin handles that will determine if he can pull it off or not. His power is an unknown variable in all of this imo. We just don't know how real it is.
        Okay great assessment!
        I would love to see that fight but who knows if it'll happen with the boxing politics bullshet...

Comment

I love watching both charlo twins. 6months ago I was adamant canelo would lose against mell or mall. Now I won't back against canelo again, I'm so proud of the way he thought what a true warrior! People may not like this but it also removed all doubts for me that canelo IS clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            That vanes was a semi retired sw... You didn't have an issue with that did you?
            Why the hell are you talking about Vanes and GGG? I was talking about MW and Canelo, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
              No Dunn. First, there is no shame in a rather green Canelo losing to Mayweather. Everyone loses to him. Second, Mayweather will be 42 in February. Barring money, this is a lose-lose scenario for Alvarez. If he beats Floyd as expected, Canelo will be lambasted for waiting for a man 13 years his senior to get old before he could beat him. There are plenty of challengers in his age group. In the unlikely event that Floyd beats him, Canelo will have lost face all over again, this time to an old man.
              You are correct, from a boxing fan perspective. From a casual fan perspective, they've seen Canelo 3 times on big PPV's. He got shutout and most felt he lost 2x to GGG.

He got the win against GGG Sat and fought much better than the 1st fight so I think he erased that performance. However, the largest audience he's had was the Floyd fight and he looked very weak.

I think a strong performance against Floyd would erase that in the mind of the casual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Floyd vs. Canelo at what weight? 160?
                Yeah, that or 157, the same as ODH/Bhop. I don't think Canelo would do a CW again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Yeah, that or 157, the same as ODH/Bhop. I don't think Canelo would do a CW again.
                  I can't see Floyd being crazy enough to fight Canelo at the full 160! Maybe B-Hop and ODLH could convince Canelo on the CW! The money is definitely worth the 3 pounds!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    My only issue with Charlo is Jacobs punked the sht out of him. That and having UGLY Fat Chicken Head skanks roll up on him and robbed him. Him and his entire team come off as RTARDS. Sht at least Chavez Jr. was got by strippers who looked good.

You seen the video of that fat chick??? Good god all that $$$$ and you let that fat ugly sht close to you???? IMO Charlos too stupid to beat Canelo..
                    So true. Dude acted like he saw a ghost, but had like his whole entourage there. Jacobs had like himself and maybe one or two cornermen. Thats why i have been saying Dudes that do alot of talking, end up usaully getting wore down mentally when the opponent wont be intimidated.

Comment

Originally posted by Breno G View Post
                      Why the hell are you talking about Vanes and GGG? I was talking about MW and Canelo, buddy.
                      Did you have an issue with that Or no?

Comment

Working...
                      X