>>> Thurman was a cherry pick...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
    These Floydiots always make me puke.

Spence has been trying to fight Thurman ever since I can remember. In fact, he's still mad that Thurman is not even mentioning his name. Look at his recent tirades about Thurman:

Spence: I Dislike Thurman More Than Porter; A Corny Individual

So why aren't you accusing Spence of trying to cherrypick Thurman? It's because he's a brotha, isn't it?

Spence is younger, prime at its peak, Pac is 41 and no longer in his prime. Yet you still choose to insult Pac because he's not a brotha?
    LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      That was Roach, not Pac. Pac prepared for the best Thurman which is the smart thing to do because no way in hell is Thurman going to prepare for a huge underdog in Lopez the same as his biggest fight in his life.
      Freddie Roach is heavily involved in picking Pacquiao's opponents. Don't make us pull up these old videos of him explaining why he choose specific opponents.

Comment

Where was all this cherry pick talk prior to the fight? Easy to hate when the guy you think and want to lose ends up winning.

Comment

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
          These Floydiots always make me puke.

Spence has been trying to fight Thurman ever since I can remember. In fact, he's still mad that Thurman is not even mentioning his name. Look at his recent tirades about Thurman:

Spence: I Dislike Thurman More Than Porter; A Corny Individual

So why aren't you accusing Spence of trying to cherrypick Thurman? It's because he's a brotha, isn't it?

Spence is younger, prime at its peak, Pac is 41 and no longer in his prime. Yet you still choose to insult Pac because he's not a brotha?
          Spence wants all of the belts at 147. That means he wants to fight Porter, Pacquiao Thurman and Crawford. He said he'll fight Danny Garcia too with or without a belt.

That's a pretty damn good resume I'd say if he accomplished that.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Where was all this cherry pick talk prior to the fight? Easy to hate when the guy you think and want to lose ends up winning.
            I guess to them Pacquiao is such a great fighter that an undefeated unified fighter in his Prime is a cherry pick for a 40 year old Pacquiao.

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              I guess to them Pacquiao is such a great fighter that an undefeated unified fighter in his Prime is a cherry pick for a 40 year old Pacquiao.

It is what it is.
              That’s about the size of it. Prior to the fight a lot of haters were talking about how PAC was going to get sparked or schooled. Now it’s a cherry pick. Casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                Freddie Roach is heavily involved in picking Pacquiao's opponents. Don't make us pull up these old videos of him explaining why he choose specific opponents.
                Doesnt matter - Pac didn't judge the choice of opponent based on the Lopez fight since he didnt see it. Further more, this was a 50/50 fight. Anyone who thinks a 40 year old fighter picking the most accomplished Welterweight champion 10 years younger than him is a cherry pick is seriously brain dead. And the fact is, Pac became the oldest fighter in BOXING HISTORY to become welterweight champion.
                Last edited by richardt; 07-21-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  It doesnt matter what his handlers watched and didnt watch, Pac didnt see the Thurman vs Lopez fight and a lot of fighters only pick their opponent's best wins so that they are not overconfident. This was a 50/50 fight and Pac took risks and came out on top.
                  I thought it was 60/40 pacs favor. His handlers knew Thurman has fallen off, so if you're training to fight a better Thurman than what is actually there it's a benefit. Again I know Pac took a risk I didn't say that, but Thurman was the weakest of possible opponents in my opinion yes even with porter, style wise since Porter is a brawler wrestler a la Horn but miles better. That's why I think they set it up how they did with Thurman-Pac and Porter-Spence. With the odds being in Favor of Pac-Spence.

Comment

Says the "Nay-Sayer"

Comment

yah and manny is a part time boxer, 40 year old with over 70 fights, been KO'ed few times, been in so many wars, been fighting pro since 16, has had two 1 year time off...get a grip. manny is a legend. booo-frickin-hooo keith took 2 year off.

Comment

Working...
                      X