No announcement yet.

Congrats to Canelo completing 1 year of 24/7/365 testing #CleanSport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk why they started it if they can't pay for it. Doesn't sound like they thought it through if thats legit.
    Those of a cynical frame of mind might consider it a fig leaf, but I suppose if nothing else it's raised the profile of drug testing and PED abuse within the sport.

Comment

Dopers will always be ahead of the game. Especially if you're elite, and not doing it like some amateur chump (Jarrell Miller). They will find a way. There's a great documentary called Icarus on Netflix if anyone's interested in how the Russians beat the system (at the time).

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Those of a cynical frame of mind might consider it a fig leaf, but I suppose if nothing else it's raised the profile of drug testing and PED abuse within the sport.
        I mean I guess its good its being talked about more, but it was being talked about more already. I just don't know what good it is to have a ineffective method of catching fighters taking PEDs while acting like you're doing something bigger than you are.

For full disclosure I loved the idea of this WBC thing upon first hearing about it & I even suggested something like that (testing all ranked fighters) on this site in the past, but you gotta actually do what you are saying or its not helping.

Its sorta like a guy who manages a shelter for domestic abuse victims that never accepts any occupants. Is it good there is a domestic abuse shelter out there for people? Sure. But its not actually helping anyone is the thing.

Comment

The more I've thought about it, the more suspicious it's become, as far as the whole tainted meat scenario. Canelo had already started training sometime in February, using his elevation mask for the second time. He then goes to Mexico to eat and do whatever. Well according to his team, he doesn't eat beef while he's training. So you mean to tell me, he goes all the way home while he had already started training, by eating enough or by eating a very concentrated amount of the one food he doesn't eat, that just so happens to have a substance that would benefit the stamina he's obviously concerned about? Why would he go to Mexico just to have tacos or whatever, when he could have easily have done that in San Diego with meat that doesn't have such a substance? It's obviously too late now to do anything about it but I can't help but see too many red flags with the whole situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Mmm. I had kinda assumed so too the way they talk about it, but I just spent the last 10 - 15 minutes searching and I can't find anything solid that differentiates the two - seems like they talk about the two things like they're synonymous.

It all seems to be stuff of this nature:

http://www.fightsports.tv/lara-asks-...sting-for-wba/

But nothing which actually specifies how 24/7/265 differs from the CPB. It's still a positive thing, but you would have thought they'd be going out of their way to promote just how efficacious year round is. just thought you might have some solid info I'd missed.

EDIT: There's this from Fat Dan, but he's just as short on detail as everyone else:

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/st...36963293519872

VADA should keep a running list of what tests have been performed, when, and the results. They did release a coupla quarterly lists after the CPB started but I ain't seen anything since.
            What is up with the WBA program? They're less transparent than the WBC CBP

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I don't even think the WBC has been super clear on what exactly they are doing & not doing.
            That part. Nobody knows what is actually going on. I know Memo was complaining his fighter got tested but the opponent never got tested. We don't even know how many times a year guys are being tested.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
              The more I've thought about it, the more suspicious it's become, as far as the whole tainted meat scenario. Canelo had already started training sometime in February, using his elevation mask for the second time. He then goes to Mexico to eat and do whatever. Well according to his team, he doesn't eat beef while he's training. So you mean to tell me, he goes all the way home while he had already started training, by eating enough or by eating a very concentrated amount of the one food he doesn't eat, that just so happens to have a substance that would benefit the stamina he's obviously concerned about? Why would he go to Mexico just to have tacos or whatever, when he could have easily have done that in San Diego with meat that doesn't have such a substance? It's obviously too late now to do anything about it but I can't help but see too many red flags with the whole situation.
              Well, it's 'convenient', at the very least. I'd go and 'unknowingly' eat contaminated meat if I knew that if I tested positive, there would a good chance I could use that reason. Smart fighters dope smartly...

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                Meanwhile GGG doesnt do 365 and is freely cycling off and on PEDs

No excuse for only enrolling in VADA two weeks ago for the rolls fight
                Golovkin is ranked in the top 15 of the WBC. Therefore he is enrolled in the WBC clean boxing program. The Clean Boxing Program testing is the responsibility of VADA. It requires the boxers to inform VADA of their whereabouts at all times so he can be tested at any time. It has in competition and out of competition testing. He would have to be crazy to cycle Peds when he could be tested whenever VADA decides to.

Comment

Originally posted by diplo View Post
                  Dopers will always be ahead of the game. Especially if you're elite, and not doing it like some amateur chump (Jarrell Miller). They will find a way. There's a great documentary called Icarus on Netflix if anyone's interested in how the Russians beat the system (at the time).
                  This is why you need to go 100% or its a losing battle.

You need OST 24/7/365.

You need to keep & retest samples years later when testing catches up so you can ban people who were ahead of the game 2 years ago or w/e.

You need to disclose as little info as possible about the tests you are doing & enhancements in testing procedures.

If you aren't doing those things you aren't taking testing seriously & I'm not sure anyone in boxing is even attempting to do these 3 things uniformly among any particular group of boxers. Those 3 things (& maybe a couple more I'm not thinking of) keep a sport as clean as you reasonable can. But you definitely need to be able to test anyone anytime, you need to have the athletes have no clue how up to date you are or aren't & you got to be able to backtest samples to scare people away from ever using as much as you can.

Its still not going to be perfect. Nothings perfect, but I think those are the general guidelines that change the game in a real way.

Thing is even if you decide you wanna implement all those things who's paying for it all? Its not likely to be the people with money & skin in the game who could lose money or their "product", the fighter for years if they come up dirty & get suspended. So if no one with money in the game has an incentive to pay for it cuz it hurts them more than it helps them who's paying for it? Idk that anyone has any desire to see the above type reality who's got skin in the game. Having a clean game isn't THAT valuable a thing to them if its f#cking up their money.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Golovkin is ranked in the top 15 of the WBC. Therefore he is enrolled in the WBC clean boxing program. The Clean Boxing Program testing is the responsibility of VADA. It requires the boxers to inform VADA of their whereabouts at all times so he can be tested at any time. It has in competition and out of competition testing. He would have to be crazy to cycle Peds when he could be tested whenever VADA decides to.
                    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I'm not saying GGG or anyone else is using PEDs, but with how lax the WBC program is I bet you could easily skirt a test.

First they don't seem to test THAT much so its unlikely your number is gonna pop up in the first place. Second microdosing is gonna limit the timetable anything is in your system. And I'm sure there are more complicated masking tactics that actually work that cats are doing that limit your exposure to being caught dirty. Third if you are all juiced up & they come calling you just aren't home suddenly & forget to update your location so "oops my bad I won't do that again".

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      What other fighters are doing 24/365 testing?

I think it's a damn good thing the #1 fighter in the sport is setting an example. I don't care how we got to this point. This is a good thing
                      You want to pat him on the back and give him Props, While ignoring why he signed up in th first place

Canelo didn’t sign up to make the make a statement and wanted to be a pioneer making the sport clean. He got popped had his reputation sh.itted on especially when you consider that something like 8/10 previous Canelo Opponets are on record saying they think he was on the juice when he fought them

But yeah it’s a F.ucking joke you want to give him props ,

This is why so many fighters take sh.it , because there’s no consequences and if fans are fans of a fighter that pops they are quick to downplay it and forget about it.

Also claiming Canelo is the #1 fighter is beyond laughable

Comment

Working...
                      X