Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Eddie Hearn really invested in American boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Eddie Hearn really invested in American boxing?

I've seen numerous videos of Hearn saying if this doesn't work out he has a good thing in the UK that he can always go back to. And as an American boxing fan this has always bothered me. Especially when you saw the way he came to America talking bad about everything with American boxing. Talking down on the sport doesn't build it up.

I know Arum, Haymon, Duva, Oscar and others are fully vested in American boxing. It's all or nothing for them. But it's obvious from his words, this is an experiment for Hearn. If it works, it works. If it doesn't he has something to fall back on. And he's made a lot of money in America with his DAZN deal. The only thing he really needs from American boxing is the AJ-Wilder fight.

He's definitely been a toxic force to US boxing so far. He's put on almost 100% sh^t show cards. This weekend is his first legit non-sh^t show card & its with a UK guy headlining cuz he can't seem to put together a good US fighter card.

He's seemed to act like he knew he f#cked up in some recent interviews I've seen of him, but he's kept a good pace on sh^t talking everyone else in the sphere like a young Arum without even bringing the quality to the sport that Arum does. So idk if he's legit learned from past mistakes yet or he's just too caught up in his feelings too much.

Hopefully he steers to a more positive direction if he's going to be doing business with DAZN for another 9 years & change still.

Comment

Stop making threads about Hearn you sad little tramp. You're obsessed.

Comment

"Invested" does not equal "all or nothing".

Haymon, for example, isn't all or nothing when it comes to boxing in the US. He has other sources of income.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          He's definitely been a toxic force to US boxing so far. He's put on almost 100% sh^t show cards. This weekend is his first legit non-sh^t show card & its with a UK guy headlining cuz he can't seem to put together a good US fighter card.

He's seemed to act like he knew he f#cked up in some recent interviews I've seen of him, but he's kept a good pace on sh^t talking everyone else in the sphere like a young Arum without even bringing the quality to the sport that Arum does. So idk if he's legit learned from past mistakes yet or he's just too caught up in his feelings too much.

Hopefully he steers to a more positive direction if he's going to be doing business with DAZN for another 9 years & change still.
          SSR vs Estrada card?

This week's card will have a bunch of mismatches, but still excited to see Joshua vs Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            SSR vs Estrada card?

This week's card will have a bunch of mismatches, but still excited to see Joshua vs Ruiz.
            Katie Taylor's fight might steal the show! I'm gonna watch it because of that fight.

Comment

Of course he is. Hes assembling a very good stable of young American fighters. May not be having much luck with established American guys, give it a few years though and he may have something very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Of course he is. Hes assembling a very good stable of young American fighters. May not be having much luck with established American guys, give it a few years though and he may have something very good.
                Besides, this is a really solid upcoming Olympic class so he could grab some of them after the 2020 Olympics. He should have always gone after the youngsters first as they are the future. Ennis is a guy he needs to get if possible.

I wouldn't worry if Hearn is invested or not. Sure he has had some dude cards, but he simply didn't have the stable at first. If anything, British fans should be questioning just how invested he is in the UK market as the cards this year there have been pretty trash....All around, not just Matchroom cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Good post. I agree.

I don't really trust Hearn based just on what I saw so far. Not talking about any of the Wilder-Joshua stuff. I don't care about them.

My instinct says he isn't that trustworthy. Maybe I'm wrong.

The point is, the more quality boxing the better, and DAZN is just starting, so I think they deserve more time. I most probably will remain a selective customer because they have some good fighters that I dig: Estrada, Katie Taylor, Usyk, Canelo, Haney, Jessica Mccasskill, etc. They will land more big name American boxers eventually.

I hope DAZN and all these other boxing people succeed to give us the best of boxing.

War Boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    Stop making threads about Hearn you sad little tramp. You're obsessed.
                    No more obsessed than the 5-8 people who make 10 Wilder threads a day. The same threads you always comment in

Comment

Working...
                    X