No announcement yet.

Family Guy phasing out jokes about gay people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Guy phasing out jokes about gay people

I hate politically correct comedy. Comedy is supposed to offended you with the truth and make fun of everybody.

Rich Appel and Alec Sulkin told Deadline’s sister publication TV Line that the long-running show is evolving, although still decidedly politically incorrect. The Seth MacFarlane series features the adventures of the Griffin family of Quahog, R.I.,

“If you look at a show from 2005 or 2006 and put it side by side with a show from 2018 or 2019, they’re going to have a few differences,” Sulkin said. “Some of the things we felt comfortable saying and joking about back then, we now understand is not acceptable.”

Appel said that any show on the air 20 years (Family Guy first aired on Jan. 31, 1999), “the culture changes. And it’s not us reacting and thinking, “They won’t let us [say certain things].” No, we’ve changed too. The climate is different, the culture is different and our views are different. They’ve been shaped by the reality around us, so I think the show has to shift and evolve in a lot of different ways.”

Even though the most recent show featured a brawl where Donald Trump suffered a beating, the EPs said they are even-handed politically.

“We’ve had some episodes in the past that had some left leanings in them,” Sulkin said. “But we take hard shots all around. We’ve made fun of the Clintons and Barack Obama. It’s not like we would avoid anyone because we vote this way or that way. In any time that Family Guyhas been on, we’ve pointed out idiots and the dumb things they do. This just happens to be our current person, and it would be no different if a Democrat were doing something idiotic, which they do.”

Appel concurred. “We’re not proselytizing for one political agenda; hypocrisy, lying and buffoonery in the public sphere should just be called out.”

Very queer decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I hate politically correct comedy. Comedy is supposed to offended you with the truth and make fun of everybody.

I don't understand MCC. You're the most offended/biased/racist/biggest victim on this forum.

Why do you care again?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        I don't understand MCC. You're the most offended/biased/racist/biggest victim on this forum.

Why do you care again?
        That's your opinion and your opinion is wrong. I offend the most people on the site. Name a poster who has had as many topics made about them from people they've offended as me?

Comment

Family Guy needs to be phased out of TV.

I never found that show funny.

Comment

Gaaaaaaaaaaaay

Comment

What a fa66ot decision to make

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                Family Guy needs to be phased out of TV.

I never found that show funny.
                Agreed. It was awesome when South Park did the plot manatee thing and made Family Guy look stupid AF.

Comment

Something is seriously going on behind the scenes.

The power elite are pretty obviously on a campaign to homosexualize the population.. possibly as a response to overpopulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

They can try to sanitise the lifestyle but hemorrhoids and **** cancer will prove them wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X