• Show
Clear All

Otrocubiche congrats
    Well deserved my man

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      Otrocubiche congrats
      Well deserved my man
      Thanks man, it's been fun this year, hope we all have fun again next. Cheers.

Comment

No problem and yes hopefully we can keep this going
        Maybe the scene can throw in a couple of prizes ( signed gloves , robe , shorts wtv )
        That would be the icing on the cake
        Again congrats on a job well done

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          No problem and yes hopefully we can keep this going
          Maybe the scene can throw in a couple of prizes ( signed gloves , robe , shorts wtv )
          That would be the icing on the cake
          Again congrats on a job well done
          That's a good idea, man. I'll see whether anything can be figured out (damn, maybe if I ask nice they'll pay me for this ish too )

Either way I'll be starting a thread tomorrow or Wednesday asking for input from the players on what improvements or changes we'd all like to see in 2019. I got a coupla ideas which I've mentioned over the course of the year, but I'll wait til I'm sober and do it properly..

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            That's a good idea, man. I'll see whether anything can be figured out (damn, maybe if I ask nice they'll pay me for this ish too )

Either way I'll be starting a thread tomorrow or Wednesday asking for input from the players on what improvements or changes we'd all like to see in 2019. I got a coupla ideas which I've mentioned over the course of the year, but I'll wait til I'm sober and do it properly..

Lol
            Yes , sober up first before you go in their and probably cost YOU something
            Happy New Year mofo
            See you next year

Comment

I'd go for more points for perfect picks, reality is if it was for perfect picks dramashow would be head and shoulders above everybody else, so I say make it more important for the actual way it's going to be, like canelo is going to beat Fielding 100% of the times, let's see who could get closer to the actual result.
              Enjoy your parties, I'm having a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                I'd go for more points for perfect picks, reality is if it was for perfect picks dramashow would be head and shoulders above everybody else, so I say make it more important for the actual way it's going to be, like canelo is going to beat Fielding 100% of the times, let's see who could get closer to the actual result.
                Enjoy your parties, I'm having a blast.
                One of my main ideas is changing the points balance to put more emphasis on the method and detail, I'm thinking maybe a 20 / 10 / 10 split instead of the current 20 / 5 / 5. There's simply too many fights where there's an overwhelming favourite to get much differentiation between the players when the major reward just comes from picking the winner. Alternatively we could put a bonus on perfects - say a +10 or something, which is subtly different but amounts to largely the same thing.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-01-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Congratulations otrocubiche!

One of my main ideas is changing the points balance to put more emphasis on the method and detail, I'm thinking maybe a 20 / 10 / 10 split instead of the current 20 / 5 / 5. There's simply too many fights where there's an overwhelming favourite to get much differentiation between the players when the major reward just comes from picking the winner. Alternatively we could put a bonus on perfects - say a +10 or something, which is subtly different but amounts to largely the same thing.
                  Instead of 20/10/10 why not do 10/20/20?

Anybody can guess who might win most of these fights, but getting the method and detail right are much more difficult and deserve to be rewarded much more highly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Congratulations otrocubiche!

Instead of 20/10/10 why not do 10/20/20?

Anybody can guess who might win most of these fights, but getting the method and detail right are much more difficult and deserve to be rewarded much more highly.
                    That's a possibility too, though I suspect weighing the winner score so low won't be popular - 10/10/10 might be better received.

What I'll do when I can get my hungover ass round to it is start a thread throwing in that and other ideas (adding a third DEC option - something like VERY CLOSE is one, increasing - or discarding - the underdog multiplier as another) find out what the general response from the players is and then maybe putting any major changes to the poll. Way I've tried to run this from the start was to make sure we're getting the game the players want.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-01-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

That's a possibility too, though I suspect weighing the winner score so low won't be popular - 10/10/10 might be better received.
                      Weighing the winning score low would ensure that people have to do a little more than just pick the favorite, if they want to make it to the top spots of the leaderboard.

Winning such a contest would be harder and thus more special.

But for sure put it up for a vote. Let the players decide.

Comment

Working...
                      X