Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How insane would it be if Canelo and Ryan Garcia sign with ESPN Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How insane would it be if Canelo and Ryan Garcia sign with ESPN Top Rank?

Oscar De La Hoya might go on a coke binge again, if that happens his promotional company is done. He should just sell his name and company to Dana White right now before its too late.

It would be a great move for Garcia. Top Rank specializes in promoting Mexican fighters. I think Canelo is to big for Top Rank. That would be going backwards for him.

Comment

They signed both Garcia and Canelo, what's stopping them from stepping up their scouting efforts and signing the next Canelo or ODLH? It might be painful financially at first, but it would be premature to assume they would go out of business.

It's in the best interest of Garcia to stay with GBP though, they have marketed this kid well and have matched him up with the right opponents to make him look good. I would advise him that pastures are not always greener on the other side.

Comment

It's more probable that they would sign with Al Haymon before ever going to Top Rank

Comment

I'm rooting on Canelo & King Ry ending up with PBC. Ultimately I think the key to winning boxing right now is for PBC's roster & DAZN's roster to link up. Idc if its on PBC or DAZN or some that new Disney network some f#cking how, but that would win boxing if those sides linked up.

Bud & Loma ain't helping no body win boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            It would be a great move for Garcia. Top Rank specializes in promoting Mexican fighters. I think Canelo is to big for Top Rank. That would be going backwards for him.
            Heck they are better off anywhere other than coca boy promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'm rooting on Canelo & King Ry ending up with PBC. Ultimately I think the key to winning boxing right now is for PBC's roster & DAZN's roster to link up. Idc if its on PBC or DAZN or some that new Disney network some f#cking how, but that would win boxing if those sides linked up.

Bud & Loma ain't helping no body win boxing.
              Disney owns Espn +. They have now done a bundle deal where you get espn +, Disney, and another service for the price of one.

They are trying to destroy Dazn. Wipe out the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Disney owns Espn +. They have now done a bundle deal where you get espn +, Disney, and another service for the price of one.

They are trying to destroy Dazn. Wipe out the competition.
                Well Disney is connected to the sh^ttiest boxing arm then. Not that they care Im sure.

And idk that they are trying to destroy DAZN. Idk that its THAT personal or they give that much of a f#ck about DAZN. I think there are gonna be several winners in the streaming world. Studies I've seen suggest people are open to having ~6 streaming platforms among their regularly used ones iirc & we are still early in this streaming thing, people might be cool with 10-15 in 5 years. Disney is just the odds on favorite to be among them. Like they'd have to really f#ck sh^t up to not be profitable with their catalog.

Comment

It would be nice so my Disney stocks could go up.

Comment

They don't need a promoter, they just need a good adviser.

That said, I hope they stay with GBP and resolve their issues in a brotherly fashion, like a family. Rooting for someone (GBP) to fail, like some fans do here, is one of the worst Karmas one could earn.

War Boxing!

Comment

Working...
                    X