Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or does Spence like picking on smaller fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Spence is most likely on PEDs so he fights whoever agrees to fight him without drug tests and only hopeless midgets agree.
    Spoken like a true Spence hater. When did Porter and Brook become helpless midgets?

Comment

Well, let's see. Spence is 5' 9.5". His last 6 opponents were...

Mikey Garcia - 5' 6"
      Carlos Ocampo - 5' 10.5"
      Lamont Peterson - 5' 9"
      Kell Brook - 5' 9"
      Chris Algieri - 5' 10"
      Leonard Bundu - 5' 6.5"

Only 2 were considerably smaller than him and one was a career WW.

I see the pattern here.

Comment

Spence fought Brook and beat him and Brook is not a small Welterweight.

Comment

loma brought a guy up a couple classes

#neverforget

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
            It's almost pointless, him picking on naturally smaller men at 147. He can beat Crawford and Thurman, unify the division, but he will always be remembered as a weight bully. It is unnatural how he boils down to the weight limit. He also has a crazy nipple game. He is 99.9% certain to be on PEDs.
            All Spence has to do is pick up that phone and stop talking about smoke and letting stuff marinate....this isn't a BBQ, it's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              loma brought a guy up a couple classes

#neverforget
              Loma mentions after the win that he didn't train fully for that fight because it wasn't fair to be fighting such a smaller opponent, that it wasn't like fighting a true featherweight.

Comment

Yeah he fights weak opposition, i dont think its even up for debate if you look at his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Not true at all. Being skillful and attacking and hitting hard and throwing lots of punches is not being a bully. It's being an excellent aggressive boxer-puncher. How many years has he been trying to fight Porter and Thurman? He went to England to beat Brook who was a big hard hitting welterweight champion.
                  Kell Brook had the choice of either fighting Spence or getting stripped. He didn't want the fight. If Spence has been chasing them(Porter, Thurman) for years then obviously they don't want to fight. Why bother harassing them. Me and you both know who does want the fight. How convenient that's the fight him and his team want to "marinate". Like I said a bully mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                    It's almost pointless, him picking on naturally smaller men at 147. He can beat Crawford and Thurman, unify the division, but he will always be remembered as a weight bully. It is unnatural how he boils down to the weight limit. He also has a crazy nipple game. He is 99.9% certain to be on PEDs.
                    You should pay attention to what boxers weigh on fight night before you call them weight bullies. Showtime often puts the fight night weights up on the screen for all to read if they want. Spence weighed 156 on fight night for Ocampo. A normal gain of 9 pounds. Crawford weighed 157 on fight night for Horn. Trout, Lara and Jermell all weigh 168 on fight night or 12 pounds heavier than Spence. So how is Spence a weight bully???? Spence is a normal sized welterweight who beats all the other welterweights. Weight bully is just a crybaby excuse to trash a boxer you don't like. Spence fights under the same rules as everyone else and has never failed to make weight. Maybe you are just mad because he came to England and made Brook quit. Brook by his own admission is such a big welterweight that he kills himself to make weight. A man can have a condition where they have nipples like Spence without ever having used PEDS. Spence apparently has always had those nipples so they aren't proof of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Not true at all. Being skillful and attacking and hitting hard and throwing lots of punches is not being a bully. It's being an excellent aggressive boxer-puncher. How many years has he been trying to fight Porter and Thurman? He went to England to beat Brook who was a big hard hitting welterweight champion.
                      What I like most about Spence is his calm demeanor in interviews and how he handles himself. The whole time Mikey was giving Spence a cold stare during their face off interview, Spence was calm and collected. Aside from a solid set of skills, he is a nice guy. I dont sense that he is afraid of any fighter. He exudes inner confidence more than many fighters I have seen and currently one of my 5 favorite fighters. No bad vibe from him at all.
                      Last edited by richardt; 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X