Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a FLASH knockdown be scored the same as a LEGIT knockdown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a FLASH knockdown be scored the same as a LEGIT knockdown?

I know as far as boxing and scoring goes a flash knockdown is a legit knockdown but we've all seen a boxer get knocked down while off balance or they get hit with a punch that puts them on their butt with no significant damage. Then you have the brutal knockdowns where a boxer is legitimately hurt/dazed and takes longer to recover.

In short, whether its a flash knockdown or a significant knockdown they both are only worth 1 point. Should that rule change or would you be in favor of a change?

Who would judge what is a flash knockdown and what isn't? They can't even score clear rounds correctly, this would just complicate **** even more.

Comment

You don't know it's a flash knockdown unless it's an off balance shot until the fighter reacts to the shot. Knockdowns are knockdowns.

What you do do, is give the fighter knocked down a point back if they "take the round back" enough with the remaining time left. A great example is Wilder/Fury, where I scored round 9 a 10-9 round for Wilder, as opposed to a 10-8 round, because outside of the flash knockdown (also a great example of a flash knockdown in and of itself), Fury owned that round, and Wilder's soul.

Comment

YES

Of course

Comment

this is a debateable fight ending KO

in most cases if a fighter is unresponsive by 5. it's waved off.

it's waived off before you can even react to stand-up

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            this is a debateable fight ending KO

in most cases if a fighter is unresponsive by 5. it's waved off.

it's waived off before you can even react to stand-up
            Or at least it shouldve been 2 points off. See thats what I dont get, the 1st KD was a legit knockdown but not even close to having the significance as the 2nd but the 2nd was worth just as much as the 1st.

Comment

The issue with this is, determining and differentiating between the two.

For this reason, I believe it is best for it to stay as is, if your glove touches the canvas after a punch connects, you were knocked down.

No reason to over complicate something so simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I know as far as boxing and scoring goes a flash knockdown is a legit knockdown but we've all seen a boxer get knocked down while off balance or they get hit with a punch that puts them on their butt with no significant damage. Then you have the brutal knockdowns where a boxer is legitimately hurt/dazed and takes longer to recover.

In short, whether its a flash knockdown or a significant knockdown they both are only worth 1 point. Should that rule change or would you be in favor of a change?
                As long as it was a legal clean knockdown and not some off balance trip I think it should be scored as a two point round for the man scoring it. If it wasn't a clean knockdown then it shouldn't count at all. A flash knockdown or a brutal knockdown should both be scored the same. Giving the ref the power to decide which knockdowns are flash and which are brutal and give extra points for the brutal ones is a bad idea. If it's some hometown hero vs a visitor and a ref that isn't totally honest and neutral that ref will call all knockdowns scored by the hometown hero brutal ones. He will call all knockdowns scored by the visitor flash knockdown. I say keep things simple and as they are. The refs should make sure all knockdowns were caused by a solid legal punch and not a trip or don't call them knockdowns. I always score two points for the boxer who scores a clean knockdown even if he lost all of the round but the knockdown.

Comment

Working...
                X