Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the Guerrero's always complain about "runners"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the Guerrero's always complain about "runners"?

Every time they lose its always because "they were running", and therefore they feel like the won? Come on, you guys are professionals. They should expect that they aren't going to fight one style all the time. In fact, boxing was never meant to be about one style. Are they mad at Danny because he made adjustments? That he was not the come forward fighter that he was in his previous fights? That fighters can in fact be versatile and be multidimensional? Shouldn't they prepare for those kind of fighters? Learn to cut the ring? What's going to happen if they go up against Kell Brooks in the future? We already know who is going to be the aggressor and whose going to be the counter puncher in that fight. They're going to claim that they're the aggressor and say they automatically win? The ****? I love Mexican fighters, but damn. They're too much on that mentality.

Because the Mexican style of boxing simply cannot beat the technical style of boxing. Never have and never will. They excuse it as running as an attempt to regain some dignity after losing to a "runner".

Comment

I can understand the anger and frustration with "runners," but Garcia didn't do anything close to running. He was moving well and landing some well-timed shots.

Comment

Garcia doesn't even have the legs to run, at this point it's beyond pathetic and I really like Guerrero too.

Comment

They from the Prizefigthing era, and its mixing with this new Salka era!

FYI

Mayweatehr had Guerrero WInning! BOOM them ****s are gonna self destruct now

Comment

Because Guerrero is flat footed, slow and with no punching power.

Comment

Towards the 9th round, Garcia put a beating on Guerrero. 9-11...I don't think Guerrero was thinking, as he was eating all those hooks, "oh damn, this guys a runner" lol

I felt bad for Rob during the fight, I would have stopped it in the 10th or at the very least, stopped him leaving the corner for the 11th. Not only was the point deficit so high, it was also that he was taking unnecessary punishment in a fight he was never going to win any way. Those hooks were shaking him but his exceptional chin and heart kept him going. His father should have had some mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                Because the Mexican style of boxing simply cannot beat the technical style of boxing. Never have and never will. They excuse it as running as an attempt to regain some dignity after losing to a "runner".
                This has nothing to do with your so called ethnic style.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  Every time they lose its always because "they were running", and therefore they feel like the won? Come on, you guys are professionals. They should expect that they aren't going to fight one style all the time. In fact, boxing was never meant to be about one style. Are they mad at Danny because he made adjustments? That he was not the come forward fighter that he was in his previous fights? That fighters can in fact be versatile and be multidimensional? Shouldn't they prepare for those kind of fighters? Learn to cut the ring? What's going to happen if they go up against Kell Brooks in the future? We already know who is going to be the aggressor and whose going to be the counter puncher in that fight. They're going to claim that they're the aggressor and say they automatically win? The ****? I love Mexican fighters, but damn. They're too much on that mentality.
                  He is just a washed up boxer making excuses trying to convince the media he is an elite fighter. He had plenty opportunities to let his hands go but got beat up all night.

Comment

Mayweather told guerrero he won the fight lol, later floyd said the fight was a draw to fight hype.

The funny thing is floyd and his family also make fun of runners, and complain, yet floyd runs in some of his fights. I remember floyd sr said something about a fight he watched the guy asked him who do you think won, and he said well that other guy just ran lol, even though the other guy was using floyds style of hit and move and clinch. I think it was the lara fight not sure.

Garcia was only running in the first few rounds than later set up the bait and landed vicious counters on guerrero. Garcia doesnt throw pity pat punches like floyd, so i dont get why ruben said he just ran, he moved and countered with hard power shots.
                    Last edited by hectari; 01-24-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X