No announcement yet.

Floyd vs : Which fight interests you the most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPsol View Post
    GGG had something like 350 amateur fights, so he's far more experienced than his professional record would indicate.
    That's true! I forgot about that

Comment

Listen...I like the Mexican/Puerto Rican style. In you face, straight forward pressure, mano y mano, phonebooth. This style will not TOUCH Floyd. Perhaps it did when Floyd was younger, but he's clearly mastered fighting against that style.

These opponents will keep being lined up for Floyd for the obvious reasons-the money it generates from the Mexican fanbase . I get that, its about the bottom line. But its just ridiculous watching Floyd toy with these guys like a sparring session. You need SPEED. You need a high work rate. You need bell to bell pressure. You need athleticism.

Floyd throwing punches to keep someone off him is a GOOD thing . He's got brittle hands! Someone has to put constant pressure on him! These guys with "that style" he always fights lack the speed or athleticism to keep up with him and force him to punch more!

Comment

Got your excuses ready huh? How about he fight you (keyboard warrior, thats really a fan).

Comment

the only ones who appear to be threats are middleweights. so.....

maybe get rigo some stilts.
          Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

The Hopkins fight won't happen due to the 160 pound weight. I just don't see it happening.

The Garcia fight is probably the best one out of these 4, since Garcia has some very good wins lately & earned his shot.

Alexander isn't boring to me like a lot of people say, but he's just not good enough for Floyd in any way. Floyd even has more power than Alexander. Alexander literally does nothing or has nothing better than Floyd in terms of speed, power, defense etc. It would be very one sided. I think Khan would even be a better match up for Floyd since at least he has the speed.

The Sergio fight won't happen. When he returns next year he wants it to be in Argentina. Sergio would be almost 40 years old by the time he can get into the ring with Floyd. His body is starting to break down as well, so he's not at his best anymore. This fight would have been excellent 2 or 3 years ago, but not now.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
              Khan-Alexander winner=unification bout at 147
              That's why I think he should take it. He should close out his career as undisputed welterweight champion. Only thing that might block that is Broner holding the WBA strap.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                That's why I think he should take it. He should close out his career as undisputed welterweight champion. Only thing that might block that is Broner holding the WBA strap.
                That will look great on paper.

But what about an actual challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  That will look great on paper.

But what about an actual challenge?
                  So closing out your career by defeating all of the champions in a single division isn't challenging?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    So closing out your career by defeating all of the champions in a single division isn't challenging?
                    First of all he has one welter belt...so he would need to get either Broner or Tim's or both in addition to Devon/Khan (if they fight).

Secondly, and most importantly, what matters is WHO YOU BEAT to get those belts. And Facelube and Devon/Khan would not be that historic. Sorry, it is what it is.

Why not move up to fight Sergio at 160? That would be a much more impressive challenge to overcome and boast...dont you want the best from Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                      First of all he has one welter belt...so he would need to get either Broner or Tim's or both in addition to Devon/Khan (if they fight).

Secondly, and most importantly, what matters is WHO YOU BEAT to get those belts. And Facelube and Devon/Khan would not be that historic. Sorry, it is what it is.

Why not move up to fight Sergio at 160? That would be a much more impressive challenge to overcome and boast...dont you want the best from Floyd?
                      He's not fighting a middleweight. I'm not even considering them as options.

I want him to fight Erislandy Lara but boxing fans care more about big events, popularity and who can sell PPV rather than who has the skills to compete so I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Working...
                      X