No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis. I don't see many talking about this fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis. I don't see many talking about this fight

Anyways. This fight is arguably the best HW fight in the 2000's with Lennox coming out on top with a technical knockout victory in the 6th round.

Do you think Vitali would have won if the match continued? Discuss.

George Foreman "Vitali would have won if the match went 12"

Do you guys agree?

IMO, if the match had continued, Vitali would have been stopped in the 7th-8th round because Lewis started to get his groove on in the 6th round and got his second wind. 2 vicious uppercuts and Vitali was looking ridiculously tired at the end of it and his face was just getting clobbered up and getting worse and worse.

Lewis would have won.
    Vitali was done by the end of the 6th.
    Look at the state of his face.

Lewis was just getting his 2nd wind and was going to stop Vitali anyways later on.

The ref were lucky to stop the fight.. Lennox was just getting to him and would have finished him off.

Comment

I am not sure if klit would of won but it was one hell of a fight and I know lennox was getting very tired at the time of stoppage he may have gotten a second wind or he may have not. As I stated above this was very entertaining fight.

Comment

Lewis is the better fighter and I think he had more left in the tank at that stage.

He still had his power, which is more than you could say for Vitali. That uppercut hurt him pretty bad and he was stumbling around the ring desperately.

Comment

Lewis would have won.

HBO were hyping Vitali up as they knew Lennox was at the end of the line, and they needed another heavyweight star.

The reality is, a Lewis who hadn't trained properly was caught off guard out of the blocks by a Vitali who was better than anybody thought.

He looked like **** in the opening rounds, and was gassed after two, his conditioning was dreadful, but he turned the fight into a street fight and vitalis fragile skin gave way, Lewis had begun to land heavy, ko punches and vVitali was becoming less effective.

I belive Lewis would have stopped klitshko in the next two or three rounds, granted Vitali has never been stopped, but then again he's never been hit the way Lewis was hitting him, snapping his head back etc.

Vitali could hold his head up high, but imo it was stopped at the best possible time for him

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Lewis would have won.

HBO were hyping Vitali up as they knew Lennox was at the end of the line, and they needed another heavyweight star.

The reality is, a Lewis who hadn't trained properly was caught off guard out of the blocks by a Vitali who was better than anybody thought.

He looked like **** in the opening rounds, and was gassed after two, his conditioning was dreadful, but he turned the fight into a street fight and vitalis fragile skin gave way, Lewis had begun to land heavy, ko punches and vVitali was becoming less effective.

I belive Lewis would have stopped klitshko in the next two or three rounds, granted Vitali has never been stopped, but then again he's never been hit the way Lewis was hitting him, snapping his head back etc.

Vitali could hold his head up high, but imo it was stopped at the best possible time for him
            What do you think about Vitali's claims of "I saw every punch"

"I see fine with my left eye"

?

Comment

Originally posted by TKO6 View Post
              What do you think about Vitali's claims of "I saw every punch"

"I see fine with my left eye"

?
              It's by the by

Fact is he had a cut dangerously close to nerve endings, and one solid right hand in that area could have left him looking like a stroke victim

I could also ask if he could see the punches how come he wasn't getting out the way as well, but I know that's due to an excellent counter puncher beginning to time his robotic head movement

Comment

Just re-watched this fight after seeing the thread and I'm not too convinced about Lewis getting his 2nd wind.

I think his reaction once the fight is stopped and his interview post fight tell the story, he was fortunate the fight got stopped. BUT it should have been stopped and Lewis has to be given credit there, in the end he caused the cut.

Just a side note: Lewis looked dreadfully out of shape, his arrogance on occasion caused him to underrate fighters. IMO he would have won a re-match.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                  Just re-watched this fight after seeing the thread and I'm not too convinced about Lewis getting his 2nd wind.

I think his reaction once the fight is stopped and his interview post fight tell the story, he was fortunate the fight got stopped. BUT it should have been stopped and Lewis has to be given credit there, in the end he caused the cut.

Just a side note: Lewis looked dreadfully out of shape, his arrogance on occasion caused him to underrate fighters. IMO he would have won a re-match.
                  I know, crazy bad conditioning, i think he gassed out walking to the ring.

Comment

The fight has been discussed a multitude of times. Looking at the username of the TS, I'd say it's an attempt to turn this lounge into an esb like dreck.

I suggest closing this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X