No announcement yet.

Best Knockout of 2011? (Watch & Vote)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Knockout of 2011? (Watch & Vote)

2011 is almost at a close, and my favourite award each year is always knockout of the year! Here we are looking for brutal, nonstop, vicious knockouts.

Please take some time and watch the videos embedded in this thread, then vote on what you feel was the Best KO of 2011!

Some great KOs from 2011:

Lucian Bute KO 4 Jean Paul Mendy, July 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Undefeated IBF Super Middleweight Chamion Lucian Bute KOs undefeated African/Frenchman with one swift left hand, Mendy falls face first to the canvas unconscious.

Denis Lebedev KO 10 Roy Jones Jr., May 2011 from Moscow, Russia

Russian Cruiserweight Lebedev fights Jones Jr. in a Russian superfight. Round 10 saw a methodical Lebedev brutally assault Jones, knocking Jones unconcsious against the ropes and still punching him while unconcsious dropping him brutally to the floor. Roy Jones needed several minutes to get to his feet and Russian commentators called it "the worst KO theyve ever seen".

Alexander Povetkin KO 8 Cedric Boswell, December 2011 from Helsinki, Finland

American heavyweight hasnt lost a fight in about 10 years, and promised to put American heavyweight boxing back on the map gets absolutely annihilated, brutally knocked unconscious by Russian Alex Povetkin in Finland. Knocked the Fcuk Out, totally.

Robert Helenius KO 9 Sam Peter, April 2011 from Halle, Germany

Finnish heavyweight hopeful Robert Helenius absolutely destroys African veteran and onetime thought of as heavyweight saviour, Sam Peter, dropping Peter numerous times and brutally KOing him with jab, right, hook combo.

Adrien Broner KO 1 Jason Litzau, June 2011 from Jalisco, Mexico

Betting underdog Adrien Broner knocks out Jason Litzau with a series of punches in round 1 on the undercard of Saul Alvarez/Ryan Rhodes.

Robert Helenius KO 9 Siarhei Liakhovich, August 2011 from Erfurt, Germany

Helenius breaks Liakhovich's nose, and drops him numerous times en route to this brutal, devastating series of punches which KOs the Belarussian in round 9 of a punishing fight.

Nonito Donaire KO 2 Fernando Montiel, February 2011 from Las Vegas, NV, USA

Super bantamweight superfight sees Filipino Donaire score an explosive KO over veteran Mexican Fernando Montiel. Montiel at one point seemed to be flailing his arms while he was knocked down on the canvas.

Marco Huck KO 6 Rogelio Rossi, October 2011 from Ludwigsburg, Germany

Argentinean challenger comes to Germany to challenge for Huck's WBO title and is absolutely splattered in this brutal beatdown by Bosnian/German tough guy Marco Huck a.k.a. Muamer Hukic!

Andy Lee KO 10 Craig McEwan, March 2011 from Ledyard, CT, USA

Andy Lee, behind on the cards after having been outboxed for the majority of the fight, comes back to KO a noticeably fatigued Craig McEwan in the final round. McEwan was a virtual unknown entering this fight and surrisingly was able to largely outbox Lee for most of the fight.
    Lucian Bute KO 4 Jean Paul Mendy
    4.40%
    Denis Lebedev KO 10 Roy Jones Jr.
    14.29%
    Robert Helenius KO 9 Sam Peter
    2.20%
    Adrien Broner KO 1 Jason Litzau
    4.40%
    Robert Helenius KO 9 Siarhei Liakhovich
    2.20%
    Nonito Donaire KO 2 Fernando Montiel
    62.64%
    Marco Huck KO 6 Rogelio Rossi
    3.30%
    Andy Lee KO 10 Craig McEwan
    1.10%
    Other (please specify)
    5.49%
    Last edited by Who are you?; 12-20-2011, 10:23 PM.

I voted Lebedev KO 10 Jones as KO of the year.

Jones KO'd completely unconcsious and I watched the fight live, I genuinely thought there was a chance Roy had died in the ring. Just a brutal, brutal KO.

Thank God Roy was OK. But for a few minutes he was just laying on the ring. He went down VERY HARD and I honestly thought he was dead.

Comment

Lebedev KO 10 Jones is in the lead for KO of the Year.

Comment

Donaire's, Montiel was **** eyed for atleast 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
          Donaire's, Montiel was **** eyed for atleast 5 minutes.
          Donaire/Montiel was bad, but Lebedev/Jones Jr was worse.

I mean, I honestly thought Jones had died in that KO. He was completely unconcsious for several minutes even after the KO.

It honestly looked like Roy was dead in the ring.

Comment

Nonito Donaire KO Montiel.

I mean when you see somebody just flicking around the floor, u know he got KTFO Cold.

Comment

Originally posted by NAPO View Post
              Nonito Donaire KO Montiel.

I mean when you see somebody just flicking around the floor, u know he got KTFO Cold.
              Well he got up so IDK how he was knocked out cold ... Of course it was pure instinct but he still got up so IMO that was not being knocked out cold...

Comment

Donaire-Montiel. RJJ is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
                  Donaire/Montiel was bad, but Lebedev/Jones Jr was worse.

I mean, I honestly thought Jones had died in that KO. He was completely unconcsious for several minutes even after the KO.

It honestly looked like Roy was dead in the ring.
                  Jones has already done that before.

The Nonito one was a surprise 2nd round 1 punch KO.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                    Well he got up so IDK how he was knocked out cold ... Of course it was pure instinct but he still got up so IMO that was not being knocked out cold...
                    Exactly, Montiel was obviously in shock, but he was not out cold. His eyes were open, he got up, and was somewhat responsive. He was semi-conscious.

Roy Jones, on the other hand was COMPLETELY OUT COLD vs Lebedev. He needed several minutes before he could even stand and they needed to wake him up with sniffing salts.

Roy Jones was out cold, completely unconscious. I honestly thought he was dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X