Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Berto needs to spit out the pacifier and step it up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
    Everythings going pretty good, thanks!

I noticed lol! how have you been
    been good. got into a little battle with reed earlier lol.... but we all good now so its cool. wutchu been up to... i havent been checking th message board lately

Comment

What does WBC champ having to do it? Luis Collazo and Carlos Quintana aren't bad fighters. He's only 24 and while he should increase his comp, it's not bad to be fighting Collazo again or Quintana.

Personally, Collazo deserves more of a rematch against Berto then Clottey does imo.

Comment

In watching Berto's last couple fights,I honestly don't think he is ready for the big dogs of the division.He has the gifts but I don't think he knows how to put it all together yet.I don't think he knows how to pace himself either.That could be dangerous against the more experienced fighters.I also see Berto's biggest weakness.He hates it to the body.Maybe a couple more tune ups would be best for him. But I do want to see the competition level increase.

Comment

Andre Berto: "iam watching the fight now on HBO aim sorry but Cotto is looking slow as hell illbeat him to thepunch everytime"

Comment

He probably will be stepping it up soon. Although I thought Collazo was a good step up opponent. I agree though, there isnt much more babysitting to be done with him.

Comment

please stay off hbo if you are gonna waste everyone's time fighting urango type opponents and clinching the whole fight cause you found it "too easy"

Comment

I don't care about who he fights, I just want him to stop clinching. one problem at a time.

Comment

As I see it ; Berto is a dead man walking.

Sure he's still young, and could maybe learn a few more tricks here and there over the next year or two.

But eventually there's going to come a point when he's going to have to face a top Welterweight.

And I can't see him even making it the distance against any of them, let alone winning.

Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Clottey, and even Cintron and Quintana would own his ass.

Of course there's a chance that Cintron quits on his stool when he gets his period during the fight, but any of those other dudes would still take it to him.

With Berto, I see a typical HBO fighter ; a lot of flash, with little substance. See : Jermain Taylor.

Comment

Now he wants to fight JMM. Like wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      As I see it ; Berto is a dead man walking.

Sure he's still young, and could maybe learn a few more tricks here and there over the next year or two.

But eventually there's going to come a point when he's going to have to face a top Welterweight.

And I can't see him even making it the distance against any of them, let alone winning.

Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Clottey, and even Cintron and Quintana would own his ass.

Of course there's a chance that Cintron quits on his stool when he gets his period during the fight, but any of those other dudes would still take it to him.

With Berto, I see a typical HBO fighter ; a lot of flash, with little substance. See : Jermain Taylor.
                      As much as I like Berto, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X