Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being a professional boxer worth it??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is being a professional boxer worth it??

First, I am not talking about boxers who are paid well, Eg Tyson,Mayweather,Oscar,Pacman and others. But those who are pay way less.

Would you be happy with Ike Quartley career. How about Collazo,Torres,Lacy,Clottey and so on

After boxing what do these guys got??

What kind of example is Ike Quartey? Not all africans live in the jungle just so you know.

Quartey is loaded and returned to the ring because he felt he still had something left,not because he needed a payday,ever since he first retired he became heavily involved in real estate in his native land and made alot of money in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmacpoper View Post
      What kind of example is Ike Quartey? Not all africans live in the jungle just so you know.

Quartey is loaded and returned to the ring because he felt he still had something left,not because he needed a payday,ever since he first retired he became heavily involved in real estate in his native land and made alot of money in doing so.
      LOL, Bad example indeed. I didn’t know what he did after boxing.

Comment

if a pinoy boxer was paid $50k, he can go home and retire. no joke

Comment

Originally posted by JM1
          if a pinoy boxer was paid $50k, he can go home and retire. no joke
          Interesting care to explain more

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
            Interesting care to explain more
            $1 = 46-48php

so $50k = is more than 2m php

with that money,

one can buy a house, car and invest a business

Comment

lot fo boxers in the UK have to work after retiring. They earn no money training, then fight maybe once every 3 months. If they lose a lot they don't really get paid, and if they win, the need to keep doing it. Only maybe 50 (I'm guessing) boxers in the world get apid more than a mill a fight.

So if they earn 50k, maybe 20-25 k is taken out for trainers, cutman, promtoer etc...

It's worth it if you are dirt poor from the beginning, but if you're an athlete that could have become something else like soccer, basketball, American footballer, baseball player then do it.

Even the wealthier boxers become poor. They just don't have a team structure and get looked after like a team sport. Team sports have history and elarn to get better and look after their stars, but also they always keep the fans while boxers can lose by losing a fight, and the fans may not be boxing fans who find other fighters to support.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                $1 = 46-48php

so $50k = is more than 2m php

with that money,

one can buy a house, car and invest a business
                I heard that Manny is in the top 25 richest Pinoys.

Comment

I hear Collazo is a barber. Hopefully he is smart and flip some of the money into Barber Shops.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
                    I hear Collazo is a barber. Hopefully he is smart and flip some of the money into Barber Shops.
                    The best thing to do with your money is open shops that earn you small bucks like 50k+ a year. That way if you can't box anymore, you have an income instead of being broke and ending up with no way of investing.

Comment

Working...
                    X