Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch as Sky Commentator: Good or Bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch as Sky Commentator: Good or Bad?

What do you think of his commentary? Reminds me of Jim Watt a bit, doom and gloom.

Also biased towards AJ's trainer I think - he was practically gushing over AJ even when he was on queer street.

Extremely great!

The smooth voice of the Cobra, can KO any sharp ear listening.

I think it's super that they hired him. He knows the game inside out.

Comment

I love Froch but i think he gets too emotional and too caught up in the moment and sees what he wants to see half the time.

He even goes against his own scorecard at the end of a fight lol or at least he did once.

Comment

Not a great pundit. He's on Sky Sports/Matchrooms books, so will be biased to every one of their fighters. Some of the stuff he say's is pretty cringeworthy. Give me Malignaggi every day of the week.

He had the same trainer as Joshua (Rob Mcracken) so that's why he was full of praise to him. Mcracken is very underrated in my opinion. Took a limited fighter in Froch to World glory many times.

Comment

He's terrible at running commentary but OK as an analyst between fights

The commentary pair that they had at the start of the card for the Cordina fight was actually vastly superior to the main ones. I think it was Darren Barker and some younger Sky bloke

Comment

I love him.

Not a bad pundit at all, and he deserves a cushy number after competing as an absolute warrior!

Comment

He does a decent job.

Comment

I think he's quite good. I like Bellew as well but tbh, these are proper house fighters/commentators. But at least Sky to always tend to get someone a detached from them to offer balance. Paulie does a great job and at the weekend Wilder had a go and he was under no obligation to give a stuff about Joshua.

I guess there is no such thing as an objective broadcaster especially as Josh actually feels like a bit of a lynchpin to big time boxing in this country already but sky need to stick with the guest commentator principle whether it be Paulie of someone else.

Usually, I am supporting the home fighter but if there isn't even an illusion of impartiality in the broadcast it gets a bit much, a lot of times the come out ok like when Linares gave Crolla a going over they just drew attention to the levels of fighter and the skill of Linares. But I'd imagine Froch and Joshua if they aren't pals know each other very well and have lots of people in common. Froch is not gonna sit there in any situation and slag Joshua off, imo.

It's a difficult job isn't it? They need to offer insight but not throw too much personal opinion in there. Paulie is ideal over here because he's not invested in British boxing outside of wanting to pick up a check for doing some commentary.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-02-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

depends if he has an interest in one of the fighters, can be quite biased sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                  X