Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wouldn't count out Pacquiao against Mayweather after the Marquez fight just yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    Sure technique and timing beats speed, but even with all of marqeuz's technique and timing + experience with pac, he was still getting hit with monstrous shots- all you need to do is look at his face(i can't find a post fight picture but he was looking pretty bad- sombody posted some here before). Now we know Marquez's heart is unquestionable, but what happens when Floyd gets hit like that? Can he stay with it it for 12 rounds like marquez?

Marquez only did this well the 3rd time because he's so used to Pacquiao by now, He's had 24 rounds of experience coming in, but Mayweather has never fought Pacquiao.

And we all saw what happened to Marquez BEFORE he fought Pacquiao. Would Floyd be able to get up 3 times and win the fight like Marquez did? Maybe he can, but i've never seen him in a war, and I've never seen him been taken to the edge. So I don't know for sure that he can.

The only thing I know for sure is that Mayweather and Marquez are two entirely different fighters.
    Floyd has a huge wingspan and I'm sure Sr will hammer it into him to use his lightning jab properly instead of just leading with the right. They're two huge advantages which JMM understandably didn't have.

They're different fighters, but in a much more preferable way for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      so youre reassuring what I just said then, i cannt lose credibility with any statements i make about floyd, cause they are always right thus far. 85/15? I'll give that to you, I was thinkin more 90/10, but Im not ignorant i can compromise
      To go even further, ill say Floyd has a 35% chance of knocking Manny out, and a 65% chance of knocking him down.

However considering his knockouts have been so suspect since the Hatton fight, itll probably be by Elbow or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
        To go even further, ill say Floyd has a 35% chance of knocking Manny out, and a 65% chance of knocking him down.

However considering his knockouts have been so suspect since the Hatton fight, itll probably be by Elbow or something.

Or his uncle Roger will be involved just like Jersey Shore

Comment

You can't count him out.

Pacquaio will be the best fighter Mayweather will ever have faced, and brings more to the table than anyone Mayweather has faced. So, you can't count him out.

That being said I'd be veyr suprised if Pacquaio were to beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            i didnt at all count him out before, but i definitely do now. theres really no good argument that could be made in his favor him as to how he deals with a fighter like floyd. its just a piss poor matchup for him and he has not improved enough for me to believe otherwise.
            True story...it's a fight, even tho my confidence has never waivered in Floyd vs Pac, anything can happen...with that said, there is not a fighter on Pacs resume that has what Floyd has...thats why its easy for me to see a dominate performance by Floyd!! Agree with everything you just said!!

Comment

Originally posted by slickhook View Post
              It will be a draw or No decision or a DQ. Anything for a rematch. Look at the History and how Walcott admitted to such tactics. Are you all not seeing this and being puppets!
              agree! why make one big fight when you can make 2 or 3?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                You can't count him out.

Pacquaio will be the best fighter Mayweather will ever have faced, and brings more to the table than anyone Mayweather has faced. So, you can't count him out.

That being said I'd be veyr suprised if Pacquaio were to beat Mayweather.

Very well put sir, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                  agree! why make one big fight when you can make 2 or 3?

I think that Mayweather doesnt want to waste his time with a one dimensional fighter like Pacquiao

Comment

naw u cant count the pac man out because of his power, but i just dont see him winning any other way than a KO, ive heard the theory of floyd not throwing enough combos to win a decision.... trust me folks floyd will have the perfect gameplan to win this fight!

Comment

only man in history who could stand with emmanuel pacquiao

ray robinson

and even ray would get his head smacked around

mayweather better pray manny is shot

sad pathetic ray leonard style waiting 5 years for the guy to slow down

ray leonard you are a pathetic ****** with no class- who doesnt deserve to lick hagglers shoes

Comment

Working...
                      X