Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Monroe turned down Rosada fight. Gabe roasts him

ANYONE wanna see this fight.

Two gg tomato can opponents lol

willie monroe doesnt have a real manager, his dumbass fired the one who got him the GGG fight.

Comment

Wasn't Monroe bytching about not being able to get fights and how he's near destitute?? Now, he's in a position to turn down a very winnable fight against a fan-friendly guy with a name?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Wasn't Monroe bytching about not being able to get fights and how he's near destitute?? Now, he's in a position to turn down a very winnable fight against a fan-friendly guy with a name?
        Yea I remember just last month Monroe saying he was having money problems or something from not being able to get any fights. Smh im still mad about Kirkland also turning down Rosada that would have been a easy fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Yea I remember just last month Monroe saying he was having money problems or something from not being able to get any fights. Smh im still mad about Kirkland also turning down Rosada that would have been a easy fight for him.
          Wow, you serious? WTF is Kirkland doing turning down Rosado and setting himself up for another loss w/ Cotto?? I was fuming about the Kirkland not looking for a get-back-on-track type win after Canelo and, though Rosado has heart and I love that, bla, bla, bla, Kirkland should have been all over that.
          *sigh*

Comment

Monroe shouldn't be turning down fights like this. It's a very winnable fight for him and he needs all the exposure he can get.

Comment

Why would Monroe who claimed he had no offers that was promised to him since the GGG fight turn down this fight? Unless he has a fight already lined up then he must be silly, it's also a easy winnable fight due to his style.

Comment

Would def wanna see this fight. I think Willie is still an unknown quantity, a shame he feels like he's above this since he's not proved himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                  Monroe shouldn't be turning down fights like this. It's a very winnable fight for him and he needs all the exposure he can get.
                  This.

Surprised to hear Monroe wouldn't accept what would basically be a co-feature showcase HBO fight that would only raise his stock after he's been sitting for almost a year now & could end up parlaying into a fight with Canelo or another HBO fight or maybe even a BJS or Jacobs.

He took short money for the GGG fight. Now he's getting his chance to shine after giving a solid account of himself vs GGG & he balks at the opportunity? Makes no sense & seems counterproductive to his career without even getting into the money aspect of all this. Obviously don't know all the details here so might be some other details involved, but right now it seems like a bad move.

Comment

A Rosdado win would actually help him A lot

Comment

Working...
                    X