Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Adrien Broner beat Marcos Maidana in a rematch? (assuming he gets past Porter)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot depends on when the rematch occurred. If it were Chinos first fight back after a long lay off and the supposed big weight gain I think Broner could beat him. Inactivity kills. If chino takes a fight before I'd favor him to beat Broner again. Broner was thoroughly dominated but had moments in their fight. But he hasn't shown me any spectacular change to say he could handle a well prepared Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by atom-ictortilla View Post
      I think a lot depends on when the rematch occurred. If it were Chinos first fight back after a long lay off and the supposed big weight gain I think Broner could beat him. Inactivity kills. If chino takes a fight before I'd favor him to beat Broner again. Broner was thoroughly dominated but had moments in their fight. But he hasn't shown me any spectacular change to say he could handle a well prepared Maidana.
      Broner's best moment came in round 11 when he hurt Maidana, unfortunately taht punch was thrown after the round ended & bell sounded.

Yet to see any improvements in Broner's game, this Saturday will tell us more as Porter will definitely be aggressive like Maidana.

Comment

not sure. Maidana would probably want a catch weight of 170 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          not sure. Maidana would probably want a catch weight of 170 or so.

Exactly. Maidana's next fight will be at 154. A Broner rematch isn't going to happen anytime soon. Maybe late 2016.

Comment

Maidana is all wrong for Broner and always will be

Styles make fights

Comment

Only if Maidana has gone off the rails completely and let himself go.

Broner doesn't seem to have learned a thing since his loss. No defense, stays in the pocket, stays static.
              A guy with poor foot-work and leaky defense will always struggle against a guy like Maidana.

Comment

1. He doesn't even beat Porter, I can't even assume that. I would be surprised if he fought to a draw vs Malignaggi (IMO), lost to Maidana in pretty humiliating fashion, but then beats Porter?
                2. No he doesn't beat Maidana.

Comment

yes absolutely and ill tell you why,real simple really,

one name....ALEX ARIZA

he is no longer in chinos camp ,and plus there will be random drug testing if they fight in a rematch.Yall saw how pathetic chino was in the floyd rematch without ariza,and the same will show in the rematch with broner

imo if they fight again they should add a weight stipualation because theres no way chino should be allowed to have 30 pounds on a naturlly smaller guy in broner. remember broner is coming up from a damn lightweight and fiughting a dude who blows up to 200lbs on his off camp days,

Comment

lets no act like broner didnt put a hurting on chino in that fight,he hit him with a very hard shot in the end of the 11th round that had chino wobbling and stunned and rmember that he was hurting chinos body to,madena said himself that broner was tagging and hurting him CONSTANTLY,this is very important to remember/

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                      lets no act like broner didnt put a hurting on chino in that fight,he hit him with a very hard shot in the end of the 11th round that had chino wobbling and stunned and rmember that he was hurting chinos body to,madena said himself that broner was tagging and hurting him CONSTANTLY,this is very important to remember/
                      They call this revisionists history.

His hands were down after the bell had already rung.

Comment

Working...
                      X