No announcement yet.

Liston in the 2000's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liston in the 2000's?

Sonny Liston to me is one of the most overrated heavyweights of all times. Long arms, slow jab, but a heavy right hand to follow.

He wasn't something special, really, and would have been flattened by most of today's heavies.

But how would he had faired in today's era? Against the likes of the great Klitschko brothers?

Limited as Liston also was, he didn't fight in a great era.

Would he have been a champion?

Yeah he would've. He probably stops the weak chinned Wlad and most likely beats Vitali by decision. There's already a Vitali vs. Liston thread here though.

Comment

Yeah he would have at least one run with the title,,,

Wlad and Vitali would also have another great fighter, so that they could actually test their skills against and we would have known alot more how how to judge and rank them

Comment

He'd beat everyone with ease other than the Klitschko's.

Comment

He becomes the adapted father of the Klitschkos....The Klitschkos wind up begging their parents to make a third brother who can take care of Sonny.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Sonny Liston to me is one of the most overrated heavyweights of all times.
            Is that so? By the way, Weltschmerz, in your post on Liston in the 70s you write "Liston was slow as molasses and had no skill (a bum)."

I am wondering, what did Mr. Liston ever do to you since you have this urge to discredit him and proclaim him as a bum. I must say, I'm curious ...

Comment

Wlad and Vitali are the only ones he'd struggle against.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                Is that so? By the way, Weltschmerz, in your post on Liston in the 70s you write "Liston was slow as molasses and had no skill (a bum)."

I am wondering, what did Mr. Liston ever do to you since you have this urge to discredit him and proclaim him as a bum. I must say, I'm curious ...
                He's made it his life's mission to try in vain to prove every Heavyweight not named Klitschko a bum :rolleyes9:

Comment

Nice trolling schmutz.

Becareful you dont get youself banned from this section.

Comment

Sonny Liston in the 2000's would dominate the division. He ran into an absolute genius in Ali/Clay. His luck was out. Those mechanical EE fighters would be eaten up.

Comment

Working...
                    X