Collapse
No announcement yet.

best fighter with the worst chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Id say tommy hearns as well, but he's still one of my personal favorites anyway.

Comment

I'm saying Amir Khan.

On the basis that;

He isn't the best fighter, he isn't even great. But he's good. World level. But he's got to have the worst chin ever. Is there anyone else in history who has a chin worse then Khan?

I think Khan would be a very good fighter if he chin wasn't China.

He's half the boxer that other people are saying. Such as Hearns, Wlad and Patterson. But his chin is twice as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by glidesmack View Post
        I think this what I meant with the "least god given talent" thread.

Willie Pep is the only really great fighter I know of who reportedly had a very bad chin.
        that would go to Thomas Hearns

Comment

Thomas Hearns is a good reply. By all accounts his power, freakish as it was, was more developed than god given. He was also a very, very talented boxer. Add to that a reportedly poor chin, and he belongs on this list.

His only problem on the list is an enormous height advantage for his division.

Comment

hearns is who i would nominate

tommys chin wasnt as bad as it is made out to be though, he often took a fair few heavy shots before looking on queer street or getting knocked out

against hagler hagler nailed him with shots that would have sat plenty of other fighters on their asses immediately

Comment

tommy hearns

Comment

Apart from those already mentioned..

Anthony Mundine
                Jeremy Williams
                John Mugabe

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
                  hearns is who i would nominate

tommys chin wasnt as bad as it is made out to be though, he often took a fair few heavy shots before looking on queer street or getting knocked out

against hagler hagler nailed him with shots that would have sat plenty of other fighters on their asses immediately
                  hagler was never a power puncher like hearns, mclellan or jackson though.

he had a punch and he could deck you but it was from his style and constant hammering away at you, alot of his stoppages were from an accumulation of ounches rather than one single devastating shot

also mugabi lasted till pretty late and hagler who has a punch found it hard to back him up despite several flush, clean blows

Comment

Originally posted by glidesmack View Post
                    I think this what I meant with the "least god given talent" thread.

Willie Pep is the only really great fighter I know of who reportedly had a very bad chin.
                    Bad call........................... but it's a BUMP...................... this needs some dismantling.

Comment

hearns

and pep had a good one IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X