Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko still needs to happen! Don't let it die!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Didn't watch the fight. But which names were mentioned for Loma?

Comment

Rigo is too small...Loma would beast on him...

Comment

Lomachenko could fight guys like Pacquiao, Linares, Garcia, Vargas, etc. Rigo fight passed long ago when Rigo didn't want to move up.

Comment

So which fighters did hbo mentioned for Loma to fight next? I wasn't able to watch the fight except to read what had happened..

Comment

Originally posted by EL_cano View Post
            So which fighters did hbo mentioned for Loma to fight next? I wasn't able to watch the fight except to read what had happened..
            Loma just mentioned Vargas and Kellerman just mentioned Manny.... Hell, Kellerman specifically asked Loma if there are any other special type of fighters that can compete with you... I guess Loma blanked on Rigo...

It should be obvious that Rigo is the only that can beat Loma now... There's no way Loma will be able to toy with Rigo they way Loma toyed with Walters...

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
              This is the kinda of fight hardcore fans should be salivating over.
              But will stream and then call the loser a hype job

As for the fight...I have a passing interest. Rigo hasn't fought anyone good since Donaire, ages ago. Loma is on a roll and I think at this juncture is probably too big

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                Rigo hasn't fought anyone good since Donaire, ages ago. Loma is on a roll and I think at this juncture is probably too big
                Rigo fought recently in the UK...And even if he had a long layoff like Walters he would still be a much bigger threat...

The fact is it was agreed to before that Rigo and Loma could meet at 126.... Is Loma the bigger guy with bigger power? Yes, of course.... But Rigo will have a slight speed advantage and the superior footwork...

There is simply no one else out there who is as complete a package as Loma is besides Rigo. Even Crawford and Manny are not as technically sound as Rigo.

Also, if people are seriously entertaining a Pac fight, then how can they not seriously entertain a Rigo fight which is more realistic?

Comment

I would still love to see this fight because it is a legacy-making matchup for Loma (and for Rigo, but who gives a ****). Rigo has done dick-all since outclassing Donaire. If Amagasa can drop Rigo, I have a feeling a bigger, more powerful Loma will be able to drop him and that might make a difference in an otherwise close fight.

However, I think Loma has more profitable, equally intriguing, and due to Rigo's inactivity, arguably more relevant matches on the horizon, even if you leave Mikey, Crawford, and Pacquiao out of the conversation. A matchup with Frampton in the UK (though Loma said post-fight he would rather it in the US) or fights with LSC or Oscar Valdez would probably sell better than against the shell-less turtle that is Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by r__mutt View Post
                    I would still love to see this fight because it is a legacy-making matchup for Loma (and for Rigo, but who gives a ****). Rigo has done dick-all since outclassing Donaire. If Amagasa can drop Rigo, I have a feeling a bigger, more powerful Loma will be able to drop him and that might make a difference in an otherwise close fight.

However, I think Loma has more profitable, equally intriguing, and due to Rigo's inactivity, arguably more relevant matches on the horizon, even if you leave Mikey, Crawford, and Pacquiao out of the conversation. A matchup with Frampton in the UK (though Loma said post-fight he would rather it in the US) or fights with LSC or Oscar Valdez would probably sell better than against the shell-less turtle that is Rigo.
                    Who cares about what's more "profitable"... Frampton and LSC couldn't even TOUCH Loma...In other words, the fights you mention are not INTRIGUING match-ups...Not only is this fight, as you say, a Legacy fight for both fighters, it's a much more intriguing fight for fans... Even if Rigo is judged as having a "boring" style but casual dumbass fans, Loma has a very aggressive pressing style which makes this such an interesting match up.... Will Rigo completely neutralize Loma's offense and make Loma fight his fight? Who truly has the superior set of skills?

Do you guys have any idea the staggering number of bad fights (free or PPV) that have been put on through the years... This is a once in a lifetime fight!! It can not simply be shrugged off.

Comment

Idk Loma is getting big and Rigo at home playing fight night

Comment

Working...
                      X