No announcement yet.

Kevin Durant signs with the Golden State Warriors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
    Seems like every single video clip I've watched of an ESPN personality, or NBA podcasts talking about the KD situation, they love it, and they're actually angry and perplexed at people that are pissed off about this. Also, I haven't heard of a single NBA legend, or other NBA players talking bad about this decision in the media, such as, Twitter, Instagram, interview on ESPN, etc. Lebron got KILLED for his decision. What gives?

Basically, the only person I've seen go off on him in the media is Stephen A. I'm serious, listen to all the major NBA podcasts out there, watch all the media personalities on ESPN, FOX, etc. talk about this. None of the outrage like Lebron got, and what KD did is a 1000x worse. Do you think the Lebron hate was the way he went about announcing his decision, or is there just a clear bias? And do you think because of the team he's going to, there's not as much backlash, because the Warrior's are "America's team"???

**** man, KD deserves a million x more hate than Lebron, and should be getting KILLED in the media, and by the past greats. Yeah, I'm mad as hell, so save your, "u mad bro?" posts.
    Media yes. Legends no. However Stephen a smith and skip Bayless frown upon it. The warriors aren't America's team. If you look on sports nation polls, most people were rooting for the cavs in game 7. Charles barkley and Reggie miller were the first to chime in.

Comment

• Also, these ****tards in the media saying how super teams have always been a part of the NBA are seriously seriously idiotic on the highest level. Yes, the past champions have had multiple HOF players, and all stars level players, but they didn't join an ALREADY championship level team, while almost beating them the previous year, and while they were the TOP 2-3 player in the league!!!

That's LITERALLY like Karl Malone in his prime joining the 96' Bulls if he was a FA. What!? When in the history of the NBA has that EVER happened? Please, enlighten me.

That's like Wilt joining Bill Russell's Celtics. Or, Magic joining Larry. That's LITERALLY what just happened.

Yes, past great teams have had multiple HOF players, but there was still a hierarchy. Larry Bird, clear cut #1 franchise level superstar. McHale, clearly an all star, but notch below franchise level superstar. Parrish, near all star, not a McHale/Bird level player by any stretch. He just happened to be a HOF player, because of his body of work. Not because he's a Magic Johnson/Larry Bird level player.

Even MJ's Bulls. MJ, clear cut #1 franchise level superstar. Pippen, super #2 player, all star, and elite side kick, but look at his numbers throughout his career. He's not a bona fide supertar franchise level player. He's the GOAT perimeter defender, and a very good offensive player. That's what makes him special.

Shaq and Kobe are the closest thing to having 2 clear cut #1 franchise level superstars, BUT, the rest of the team wasn't an all star team. They didn't have another player even close to the caliber of Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.

Gotta run, gonna finish this post in a few.

Comment

• A lot of big names in the media are taking every opportunity to rip him apart over it. Consensus seems to be that it's a bitch move. But he's not catching the kind of crap LeBron caught, because he didn't have a goddamn hour long ABC special on where he was going to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          A lot of big names in the media are taking every opportunity to rip him apart over it. Consensus seems to be that it's a bitch move. But he's not catching the kind of crap LeBron caught, because he didn't have a goddamn hour long ABC special on where he was going to go.
          Please name them, because not a got damn person besides Stephen A is saying anything negative about this. And name the nba legends that are talking **** about it.

Need names to believe you, because I see the complete opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
            Media yes. Legends no. However Stephen a smith and skip Bayless frown upon it. The warriors aren't America's team. If you look on sports nation polls, most people were rooting for the cavs in game 7. Charles barkley and Reggie miller were the first to chime in.
            Yeah, game 7, and that's 4 ppl. That's hardly the consensus among media members and past legends. Not even close. All I've been seeing is people celebrating it on ESPN, and the like.

Comment

Yeah, game 7, and that's 4 ppl. That's hardly the consensus among media members and past legends. Not even close. All I've been seeing is people celebrating it on ESPN, and the like.
              I bet most legends not named Jerry west frown upon it

More of them will speak out soon. They are just waiting on him to sign, he could hopefully pull a Deandre Jordan

Comment

Please name them, because not a got damn person besides Stephen A is saying anything negative about this. And name the nba legends that are talking **** about it.

Need names to believe you, because I see the complete opposite.

you're talking about popular sports critics right? because its pretty obvious okc fans are pretty upset. fans are calling him a traitor, burning his jerseys, even one **** did a fake lynching of durant. hes become a villain in a lot of fans eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
                  you're talking about popular sports critics right? because its pretty obvious okc fans are pretty upset. fans are calling him a traitor, burning his jerseys, even one **** did a fake lynching of durant. hes become a villain in a lot of fans eyes
                  Well, I know the fans are going off, but I'm talking about the media. Almost every on air personality that covers the nba is giving him a MAJOR pass for this, and even making fun of the fans that are pissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
                    I didn't see the lynching one. I saw the one where his jersey got shot up

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
                      I bet most legends not named Jerry west frown upon it

More of them will speak out soon. They are just waiting on him to sign, he could hopefully pull a Deandre Jordan
                      They should be immediate with their **** talking.

Comment

Working...
                      X