Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Confederate flag still be flying in America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
    I think we should focus less on symbols and more on ideologies.

If you ignore the later then other images will replace those and your back to square one.

For example how many people know about the numbers 14 and 88?

If you don't think that just proves my point as those were some of the codes people like Dylan Roof and others use to express their ideologies.
    Symbols are representations of ideologies, I don't think anyone is arguing that. Also, the removing of symbols will not eliminate the ideology, but it will show the resolve of the rest of the country as to how we feel about these things.

It's the reason we don't allow the swastika on anything. We need to respect everyone in America, and that includes people that don't agree with what this represents.

Comment

Its another way of saying "I hate black people"

Comment

It represents the past, but surely they aren't lynching or enslaving black people now aren't they?

People with that flag now have it because of their Southern pride. Not because what happened 2 centuries ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Symbols are representations of ideologies, I don't think anyone is arguing that. Also, the removing of symbols will not eliminate the ideology, but it will show the resolve of the rest of the country as to how we feel about these things.

It's the reason we don't allow the swastika on anything. We need to respect everyone in America, and that includes people that don't agree with what this represents.
          Well we are in agreement on this.

Comment

Some people use it as a hate symbol but most do not. It's more of a heritage and Southern pride thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
              It represents the past, but surely they aren't lynching or enslaving black people now aren't they?

People with that flag now have it because of their Southern pride. Not because what happened 2 centuries ago.
              Thats just your ignorance speaking. Everyone knows that southern people would lynch every black person they saw if it was legal to do it, or if they 100% believed they could get away with it.

America is the most racist country in the world.

Comment

These guys are proud Southerners.

Comment

Take that shit down!

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
                    Thats just your ignorance speaking. Everyone knows that southern people would lynch every black person they saw if it was legal to do it, or if they 100% believed they could get away with it.

America is the most racist country in the world.
                    LOL...I wouldn't go that far....

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      Take that shit down!

Should we take this flag down too?

Comment

Working...
                      X