No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Discusses Manny Pacquiao's KO Defeat, Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos in Manny's corner

Did anyone else notice the ridiculous screaming persons in Manny's corner between rounds? Freddie Roach was not able to even give instructions, he was just giving water and wiping his fighter down with a towel. He should have been telling Manny to keep moving to his right and stay out of that range of that right hand that dropped him in the 3rd. That was really bad to not have the best trainer in the business have the floor to coach his fighter. That camp was in disarray during the fight. I know Manny is experienced but he lost his focus and let his defense drop and got drilled. The corner let him down. By comparison, Marquez' corner was managed by one person, Nacho Beristain. He was calmly giving direction to his fighter. Even the Greatest, Muhammad Ali, relied on the brains and guile of Angelo Dundee. A calm and clear-headed corner is a critical ingredient to victory in the ring. The Pacquaio camp blew it.
    Then Manny got blown out.

Comment

Worst thing Pacquaio did was work more with Buboy, Buboy's only talent is getting his fighters to punch faster and more aggressively..if you look at his other fighter (the philipino randall bailey) he got tagged all night long looking for the big punch..I really do hope if Pacquaio decides to keep boxing he gets rid of 90% of these hangers on do nothings..buboy needs to work on the dieting between camps and that's it..he's not a good trainer. Freddie needs to take command of his fighter again, both ariza and roach have been openly stating that manny works more and pays more attention to Buboy than them and that's a huge problem.

Comment

Classy words from khan. Pure class!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightweight135 View Post
          Did anyone else notice the ridiculous screaming persons in Manny's corner between rounds? Freddie Roach was not able to even give instructions, he was just giving water and wiping his fighter down with a towel. He should have been telling Manny to keep moving to his right and stay out of that range of that right hand that dropped him in the 3rd. That was really bad to not have the best trainer in the business have the floor to coach his fighter. That camp was in disarray during the fight. I know Manny is experienced but he lost his focus and let his defense drop and got drilled. The corner let him down. By comparison, Marquez' corner was managed by one person, Nacho Beristain. He was calmly giving direction to his fighter. Even the Greatest, Muhammad Ali, relied on the brains and guile of Angelo Dundee. A calm and clear-headed corner is a critical ingredient to victory in the ring. The Pacquaio camp blew it.
          Then Manny got blown out.
          I was with you regarding having 1 person run the corner. That's how it should be. But the bolded? That's where you messed up at.....Roach can't teach defense, doesn't make adjustments during the fight. He was never known as having a good defense as a fighter. Why do you think Roach is in the situation he's in? He banged it out - that was his ONLY way (never made adjustments) & that's why he's fcuk up in the game right now health-wise.

Comment

Look at everyone hating on Amir Khan for something has hasn't said. He's being a class act, but haters who aint done nothing themselves always has something to say. He never blamed Roach solely, but said it was partly his fault, because he was so busy with Manny all the time and Khan having to travel to the phillipines! It's a legit reason for things not going so smoothly. And now Roach's 3 best fighters manny (twice), JCCjr, Khan have all lost in 2012 and Roach has to take some blame as well.

Comment

Roach dont deserve blame when Pac loses, so maybe he dont deserve credit when Pac wins as well.

Pac gets credit for winning and discredit for losing and making a mistake, not Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                It's the same thing with Khan, he was beating García(a lot clearer than Pacquiao versus Marquéz Saturday night) & got caught, so it wasn't Roach's fault!! & if he gets KO'd again while training with Hunter, he'll probably blame Hunter as well the same way he blamed his ex-trainer Jorge Rubio for being KO'd by Prescott & the way he's somehow putting the blameon Roach...
                He blamed Rubio 'cause it was Rubio's choice of opponent, it was Khan's first outing on PPV and they wanted someone **** as a stay busy fight before fighting John Murray for the British Lightweight title. Prescott had beat one of Rubio's other fighters and Rubio wanted revenge, so being completely unheard of Khan and Warren agreed to the Prescott fight. No surprise Rubio was fired immediately after!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                  I was with you regarding having 1 person run the corner. That's how it should be. But the bolded? That's where you messed up at.....Roach can't teach defense, doesn't make adjustments during the fight. He was never known as having a good defense as a fighter. Why do you think Roach is in the situation he's in? He banged it out - that was his ONLY way (never made adjustments) & that's why he's fcuk up in the game right now health-wise.
                  You took the words right outta my mouth. The trainer of the year award roach won were shams to me. He should have never got T.O.Y. over manny stewart. Roach is always incompetent in the corner between rounds. And after 4the fights vs. JMM he should have had a real game plan to besides just go ko him. I was never impressed with ****roach.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                    You took the words right outta my mouth. The trainer of the year award roach won were shams to me. He should have never got T.O.Y. over manny stewart. Roach is always incompetent in the corner between rounds. And after 4the fights vs. JMM he should have had a real game plan to besides just go ko him. I was never impressed with ****roach.
                    yes i agree, while manny and amir have there good moments they lose focus and get caught up in the excitement and the oppoenents doing there homework take advantage in the biggest way. a smart figther always thinks ahead and doesnt get carried away

Comment

Originally posted by tdub2222 View Post
                      yes i agree, while manny and amir have there good moments they lose focus and get caught up in the excitement and the oppoenents doing there homework take advantage in the biggest way. a smart figther always thinks ahead and doesnt get carried away
                      Agree. Always laughed when people said Roach was better than Stewart. Nobody knew the sport of boxing like Manny, and certainly not Roach.

Comment

Working...
                      X