Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guinness Makes An Error About Pacquiao's Accomplishments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBF are the only abc titles that matter. I'm not sure if the ring magazine title counts for nothing. After all, it is the title that one owns when he's considered the lineal champion. That IBO title doesn't count. Manny Pacquiao is cheating his way to the top and into the record books. It will be a long fall from grace if he's ever caught red handed using PED's. It will be just as damaging if he takes the tests and looks like an ordinary fighter. Why didn't they dispute Floyd's claim? Because they know it's true. Screw Pacquiao's team, ask the USADA if it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      In my opinion titles won at catch weights are not legit i consider the Marg and Cotto fights tainted for that reason.
      lol, i'll play along...thats 2 tho, 8- 2 = 6, so pac should be a 6 division champ in your book , right?.......or do you not consider lineal titles legit as well?

Comment

I agree.

WBC and WBA has proven more credible then lineal titles after the Canelo-Hatton and Povetkin-Chagaev fights etc.

Comment

Emanuel Steward says “Catchweights should be looked at, especially with Pacquiao. He has been fighting guys, but doesn’t weigh in at the same weight limit that he has challenged them at. I think this should be addressed.” Yes, the catchweight fights have to go. I’m all for Pacquiao fighting whoever he wants to fight. But to have a title on the line for a catch weight fight? Man, that’s really off putting for me. I guess Pacquiao’s adoring fans don’t really mind, but I certainly would if it was for a fighter that I looked up to. I would figure what is the guy doing fighting bigger guys if he needs them to melt down to a lower than the maximum weight.

But beyond the catchweight itself, I don’t understand how Pacquiao, who never fought once in his career at light middleweight, can be pushed above the other fighters and given a shot at the vacant title. Man, there’s that have been working their backsides off for ages trying to get a shot at the title in the division and here we have Pacquiao skipping over all of them for a fight against someone who has fought once at that weight in six years. There’s no way that Margarito should be ranked number #1 by the WBC, and way should Pacquiao be able to fight for the title. When Pacquiao fought Cotto for the WBO title, Pacquiao had never fought at welterweight before during his career, and yet all off a sudden weeks before the fight, the WBO shoved Pacquiao to the number #1 position, giving Cotto no other choice but to have his WBO title on the line or else risk having it stripped from him. How and why was Pacquiao placed at number one in the division when he had never fought there and before? The timing was fishy to say the least.

PACQUIAO IS THE BIGGEST FRAUD IN BOXING HISTORY , ITS SHOCKING AND SURPRISING BUT APPARENTLY TRUE .

Comment

The IBO is considered a major belt by some. . . In fact, it's quite desirable in Europe (where just as many world class fighters are than anywhere else). . . They are the only organization that uses objective, statistical criteria for rankings. . . No political bull**** involved. . . It is what it is with the IBO. . .

Also, the ring title is considered as a measuring stick in this day and age because of all the sanctioning bodies. . . It is recognized as a title; in fact, possibly MORE PRESTIGIOUS than any sanctioning body title. Hatton was the legitimate champion at 140 when pacquiao destroyed him. . .

/thread. . . Oh yeah, Opal is likely on welfare in real life. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
              WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBF are the only abc titles that matter. I'm not sure if the ring magazine title counts for nothing. After all, it is the title that one owns when he's considered the lineal champion. That IBO title doesn't count. Manny Pacquiao is cheating his way to the top and into the record books.
              Ricky Hatton was the lineal champ at the time, that's what matters.

Hate makes people truly messed up on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                The IBO is considered a major belt by some. . . In fact, it's quite desirable in Europe (where just as many world class fighters are than anywhere else). . . They are the only organization that uses objective, statistical criteria for rankings. . . No political bull**** involved. . . It is what it is with the IBO. . .

Also, the ring title is considered as a measuring stick in this day and age because of all the sanctioning bodies. . . It is recognized as a title; in fact, possibly MORE PRESTIGIOUS than any sanctioning body title. Hatton was the legitimate champion at 140 when pacquiao destroyed him. . .

/thread. . . Oh yeah, Opal is likely on welfare in real life. . .
                I'll also take this response as an acknowledgement of Guinness' error.

Comment

“Catchweight King” Manny Pacquiao wants Margarito to drain to 150lbs for title fight
                  Sunday, July 25, 2010

By Lou “Cinder” Block

A lot of boxing fans are not going to be happy with this – Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao and his team are seeking an 8th world title at the 154 pound weight class but they want to fight for the WBC junior middleweight title at a catch-weight of 150 pounds!

Boxing fans don’t have a problem with the fight being at a catch-weight, they just have a problem with it being for a world title.

Manny Pacquiao was highly criticized for having a catch-weight fight of 145 pounds for the WBO 147 pound welterweight title against Miguel Cotto and now he has no shame in asking for another ridiculous catch-weight title fight.

It seems the Pacman doesn’t care about the fans or his legacy either, because if he wanted to be looked at as the most legit pound 4 pound king in the sport, then, he has to make the weight limit 154 pounds not 150 for the WBC belt.

Pacquiao can come in at 150 if he wants but he should allow Margarito to come in at the junior middleweight limit so the fight can be fair. If Pacquiao is worried about being to small, then don’t fight at 154 pounds stay at welterweight.

His title won’t mean jack **** if he doesn’t face Margarito at 154 pounds. This fight is already a big joke and fans are so pissed off at this fight happening. Bob Arum and Freddie Roach should be ashamed of themselves for trying to make this fight.

Manny Pacquiao should just wait till Floyd Mayweather Jr. is ready to negotiate after the first week of August or his uncle Roger Mayweather’s assault trial is finished because the biggest fight in boxing is Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao and that fight is the only fight that should be made even if it’s for next year.

If Bob Arum thinks people will actually pay to see Manny Pacquiao fight a cheater who got suspended for loading his gloves and to have the fight at a catch-weight for a title, then, he is not living in reality. I don’t think anyone would pay to see this, especially, after that horrible Top Rank PPV between Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey.

This fight won’t do over 300,000 PPV buys even if it was broadcast by HBO. Arum is greedy and bad for boxing he will make more money putting Manny Pacquiao against Antonio Margarito or anyone of his in-house fighters than he would with Pacquiao fighting any other fighter and that’s the only reason why he wants this fight.

Arum takes a big chunk of his fighters money so no wonder he is happy. Pacquiao needs to fight a more credible opponent like Timothy Bradley, Andre Berto, Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez at 160 pounds for the middleweight title in order for him to be taken seriously as a bad ass fighter.

Manny Pacquiao has a better moniker now – “CATCHWEIGHT KING.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
                    I'll also take this response as an acknowledgement of Guinness' error.
                    nope - you are wrong. . . i think guinness did a little more research, and got a little more RESPECTED opinions on the matter than you. . .

the ring belt IS a major title, as well as the IBO. . . that's all, thanks

Comment

manny has only 4 lineal titles.

Comment

Working...
                      X