Best round you've ever seen...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
    Round 1 of Gerald McClelland vs Nigel Benn
    That was so frustrating to watch too. There was something wrong with that ref. IMO if all of that was happening in a neutral envirorment Benn would not have made it out of that first round.

Comment

Corrales Castillo I round 10 nothing else even deserves to be mentioned

Comment

Foreman-Lyle, most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post

While Corrales-Castillo is the greater fight with the more dramatic ending, I'll take the 9th round of Gatti-Ward over the 10th of this one. Amazing ebb and flow and it wasn't marred by the mouth piece controversy. That's just my opinion though, I don't have any problems with ANYONE choosing this round as it was amazing! I do disagree about nothing else deserving mention as there have been tons of incredible rounds through out history, but hey, If thats your opinion cool by me.

Comment

I go with the 15th rd of Holmes-Norton.

After 14 grueling rounds this round was the one that would determine who was the winner....and both guys, battered and exhausted, threw (and landed)absolutely everything they had at each other in a back and forth round of the ages.

Two heavyweights doing THAT in the fifteenth round? Incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              I go with the 15th rd of Holmes-Norton.

After 14 grueling rounds this round was the one that would determine who was the winner....and both guys, battered and exhausted, threw (and landed)absolutely everything they had at each other in a back and forth round of the ages.

Two heavyweights doing THAT in the fifteenth round? Incredible.
              Can you imagine heavyweights today being able to do that in the 12th round, let alone 3 rounds after that? Truly great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

While Corrales-Castillo is the greater fight with the more dramatic ending, I'll take the 9th round of Gatti-Ward over the 10th of this one. Amazing ebb and flow and it wasn't marred by the mouth piece controversy. That's just my opinion though, I don't have any problems with ANYONE choosing this round as it was amazing! I do disagree about nothing else deserving mention as there have been tons of incredible rounds through out history, but hey, If thats your opinion cool by me.
                i would also go with Gatti-Ward round 9. that fight changed my perspective of boxing as a whole.

I instantly became a boxing fanatic.

Gatti will always be no.1 in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  I would not argue with this choice (nor with anyone thinking it's the best fight ever)....but, the way you put it is just pure assholishness.

You haven't been following the sport long or intelligently enough to proclaim **** like this.
                  Last edited by JAB5239; 10-18-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Any round of Pryor-Arguello

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X