No announcement yet.

why is hagler rated sooo highly?? :/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    I'm a GGG fan but this is embarrassing...Those 2 Welterweights finished their careers Light Heavy and Crusier Weight respectively, Duran finished at Super middle and they were all relatively successful at those weights. These are guys are ATG's that would be better than anyone GGG has faced or will likely ever face (even if he fought Ward).

Hagglers loss to SRL was debatable, he dominated a freak of nature in Hearns and he wasnt his best against Duran but still shook Duran in the end and had him hurt.

John Mugabi was an Olympic Silver Medalist (like Golovkin), Had ko'ed or TKO'ed all 25 fighters before he fought Haggler. So like GGG he was was known for being incredibly powerful and he was feared. Haggler who had lost much of his footwork opted to stand and trade with a monster like Mugabi and he physically and mentally broke Mugabi down.

I would fancy Haggler in a tear-up or Haggler could simply outbox GGG,I just dont see a prime Haggler losing to GGG.
    so that means hagler should have finished as HW. but wait he stayed at MW. mugabi was a JM and that fight ruined hagler and after not wanting to fight marvin SRL saw the beating marvin took winning and then wanted to fight him.
    Last edited by nacho daddy; 09-15-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
      so that means hagler should have finished as HW. but wait he stayed at MW. mugabi was a JM and that fight ruined hagler and after not wanting to fight marvin SRL saw the beating marvin took winning and then wanted to fight him.
      Lol wut are you talking about. Who said anything about Haggler having to move up in weight? In case you didn't grasp my point those opponents mentioned weren't just your run of the mill Welters or lightweights like some people seem to be suggesting. The Mugabi fight in no way ruined haggler, he was past his best yet managed to destroy someone who was being tipped as the next big thing. He lost a close fight against SRL and it could be argued that he won it. Regardless GGG has not fought anyone close to that level of opposition.

Comment

half the money??? he gets KO'd by spinks. but rather fight a short armed 5"5 LW. you look it up I aint your secretary
        In other words, you made it up to fit your agenda. I don't recall Spinks even mentioning Hagler, let alone begging for a fight. Again, proof or you're talking out your a$$.

Any fighter through out history would fight an easier fight for twice the money over a harder fight for half the money. Simple boxing economics.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          In other words, you made it up to fit your agenda. I don't recall Spinks even mentioning Hagler, let alone begging for a fight. Again, proof or you're talking out your a$$.

Any fighter through out history would fight an easier fight for twice the money over a harder fight for half the money. Simple boxing economics.
          While I don't condone the anti-Hagler ****ery in this thread, Spinks (and I believe Qawi) called out Hagler.

Links: https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...2,226180&hl=en

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            Lol wut are you talking about. Who said anything about Haggler having to move up in weight? In case you didn't grasp my point those opponents mentioned weren't just your run of the mill Welters or lightweights like some people seem to be suggesting. The Mugabi fight in no way ruined haggler, he was past his best yet managed to destroy someone who was being tipped as the next big thing. He lost a close fight against SRL and it could be argued that he won it. Regardless GGG has not fought anyone close to that level of opposition.
            why don't you read your own posts you said the little guys hagler fought went on to LH and CW so I said in order for marvin to match them he would have to go to HW. have an adult read it to you. MUGABI WAS A JM

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post

idiot I just googled spinks wanted to fight hagler and in a second it came up.LOOK IT UP instead of being a moron. he said spinks to big but somehow Duran wasn't to small

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                While I don't condone the anti-Hagler ****ery in this thread, Spinks (and I believe Qawi) called out Hagler.

Links: https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...2,226180&hl=en
                Yea they did call him out, but lets be clear, they were calling him out at 175. There was no SMW divison when Hagler was fighting. So he would have had to move ujp a whole 15lbs to fight in what was probably the best division in boxing at then time.

Comment

^^^^

Rabies...the guy has Rabies...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
                    i like the dude for real but...

i think hes overrated

please enlighten me

school my aŁ$ on why hagler was the man at 160 and is ranked like top 3 of all time as a middleweight

his most notable win was against hearns who was coming up from 147 in a great war

he beat duran who was a killer at 135 lol

he lost to srl who was a natural 147, yes the fight was close but he lost

he had a solid fight with mugabi which he won...but what else

the rest of his resume is unknown and he lost twice early on...he kinda reminds me of joe calzaghe excluding the two early losses

please tell me whats up with this guy cos i wanna be a fan of his like majority of you are lol thanks

Why are you Asians always trying to chop-down Black achievements?

We're not the ones traveling to your countries and sexing your male and female CHILDREN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Why are you Asians always trying to chop-down Black achievements?

We're not the ones traveling to your countries and sexing your male and female CHILDREN.
                      come on man this is just a low blow cheap comment.

MODS please check this dude out

this is NSB...about boxing. keep it clean bro...

disgusting

Comment

Working...
                      X