Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We'd Fight Andre Ward, But He Can't Make 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Ward not fighting since 168 since 2013 should have opened alot of eyes. If you're not ignorant or racist that is.

Cant make 168 in 3 years and people believe in that offer Roc Nation sent out an hour after GGG announced another fight, for a fight that was supposed to happen right now. LOL!

You cant make this **** up some people still ride with Ward. HAHAHA.
    Great post. Sums it all up. Ward never intended to fight GGG. Just used his name to stay relevant since obviously not fighting one top opponent in the last four years, really his entire career, was not going to keep him relevant by itself lol. Smart strategy to use GGG's name actually since GGG had all the excitement and accomplishments the last four years, and Ward had none. He latched himself to GGG to try to leech some of that fan interest, since he was generating none himself, and it worked on some fans, fooled them very effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      Great post. Sums it all up. Ward never intended to fight GGG. Just used his name to stay relevant since obviously not fighting one top opponent in the last four years, really his entire career, was not going to keep him relevant by itself lol. Smart strategy to use GGG's name actually since GGG had all the excitement and accomplishments the last four years, and Ward had none. He latched himself to GGG to try to leech some of that fan interest, since he was generating none himself, and it worked on some fans, fooled them very effectively.
      Golovkin certainly didn't want to fight Ward wanting 164 showed that. This hypejob is slowly being exposed as the fraud he is.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        That's on Brook - no-one forced him to do it. His own promoter offered him the fight when the Eubanks went psycho and Kell, to his credit, did it.

Tell me how many other boxers jump up 2 weights? Ward isn't doing it and if he went to cruiserweight he'd get swatted like a pesky fly.

Only the very greatest can jump 2 weights and pull it off - especially at the higher weights. No-one is saying Golovkin is an ATG - or if they are they are about 3 steps ahead of reality. But he is a good fighter.
        Brook dared to be great...that's not in GGG's gene pool.

Adrian Broner went from 130 to 135(two fights,both champions) skipped 140 and went straight to 147,and fought 2 champions.

Say what to will about AB...he has balls GGG will never dream of having.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          They weren't trying to fight him when he was at 168 either though. But honestly GGG shouldn't be expected to chase a fighter way larger than he is. The real fight to be made is GGG vs Canelo, but Albarez is too scared. The two men are the same size, both are boxer/puncher types, and both are champions right now. The time is right now not when Golvolkin is forty.
          That's what Kel Brook did.

Why can't GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Golovkin certainly didn't want to fight Ward wanting 164 showed that. This hypejob is slowly being exposed as the fraud he is.
            He didnt want to fight Canelo either....being such a tiny MW, he could have easily made that catchweight.

Comment

At the end of the day when it's all said and done a fighters resume shows what kind of fighter someone was. Wards has P4P fighters, Lil Gs has journeymen.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Let's see...who to believe

1. The guy moving up in weight to fight the Krusher as the b-side in the most highly anticipated fight in boxing.

2. The guy that is dragging a welterweight up in weight because that's the most logical low risk, high reward business decision that could be made .

Let's analyze these options. I will side with the fighter that has proven willing to take the risks.
                If only you guys had used this merit system back when Pacquiao was jumping the weights fighting all the top guys, while Floyd was fake retiring to duck hard fights, then pulling Marquez up two weight divisions and then still coming in over the weight limit.

Hmm, who to believe then? The guy going to war with all the top guys, or the guy saying "everything is supposed to go easy for me" because his health is "too important" and he doesn't want to "walk with a limp" because after all, "we're not fighting to prove to boxing fans who the best is," we're just fighting for money in intentionally cherry picked fights where there is reward for the lowest risk possible, rather than trying to be the best. Who to believe, indeed.

At least be logically consistent, right? The difference is everyone wanted to fight Floyd then, but he still chose a guy two divisions down, even though he had plenty of better options. With GGG, none of the top guys around his division want to fight him. He has no better options, so he took the best one available.

But I guess that's just too much nuance for you? Too much context? Too much logic? You see a broken down Toyota on the street, and you see a $400,000 Ferrari, and you probably go "they're the exact same. They're both cars." Maybe you only understand things in basic simplicities? One guy gets ducked by everyone in his weight class, so he faces a guy two divisions down who will fight him. Another guy ducks everyone in his weight class, and chooses to face a guy two divisions down. But hey, it's the exact same thing, right? Because in the end they both fight a guy two divisions down?

Really? Is that really how your brain functions? Honestly, I don't think you're stupid like that. I really don't. I just think you're really biased, so you ignore logic on purpose. If you wanted to be logical, if you wanted to be objective, I think you definitely could be. It's not a stupidity thing, just a bias thing, plain and simple.

Comment

That ship has sailed! GGG's only chance at a legacy building fight is Canelo Alvarez! K2 knows this, and so does Oscar De La Hoya!

Comment

What fckn cowards. Know all of a sudden they are interested in the ward fight? Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      If only you guys had used this merit system back when Pacquiao was jumping the weights fighting all the top guys, while Floyd was fake retiring to duck hard fights, then pulling Marquez up two weight divisions and then still coming in over the weight limit.

Hmm, who to believe then? The guy going to war with all the top guys, or the guy saying "everything is supposed to go easy for me" because his health is "too important" and he doesn't want to "walk with a limp" because after all, "we're not fighting to prove to boxing fans who the best is," we're just fighting for money in intentionally cherry picked fights where there is reward for the lowest risk possible, rather than trying to be the best. Who to believe, indeed.

At least be logically consistent, right? The difference is everyone wanted to fight Floyd then, but he still chose a guy two divisions down, even though he had plenty of better options. With GGG, none of the top guys around his division want to fight him. He has no better options, so he took the best one available.

But I guess that's just too much nuance for you? Too much context? Too much logic? You see a broken down Toyota on the street, and you see a $400,000 Ferrari, and you probably go "they're the exact same. They're both cars." Maybe you only understand things in basic simplicities? One guy gets ducked by everyone in his weight class, so he faces a guy two divisions down who will fight him. Another guy ducks everyone in his weight class, and chooses to face a guy two divisions down. But hey, it's the exact same thing, right? Because in the end they both fight a guy two divisions down?

Really? Is that really how your brain functions? Honestly, I don't think you're stupid like that. I really don't. I just think you're really biased, so you ignore logic on purpose. If you wanted to be logical, if you wanted to be objective, I think you definitely could be. It's not a stupidity thing, just a bias thing, plain and simple.

I feel your pain. I didn't read every bit of your epic rant but I understand how it feels to have to defend a fighter that refuses to take risks.

I went through it with the Ring God Do. I realized that it's just best to accept the fact that they are extremely skilled athletes but at the end of the day, some just play the game more conservative than others and look for winnable, well paying fights.

Once you realize this, the less angry your rants will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X