No announcement yet.

Postol needs to get rid of Freddie Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postol needs to get rid of Freddie Roach

I was appalled at some of the ****ty advice Roach was giving Postol during the fight.

He kept asking him to chase Crawford and "use the jab".

Working behind the jab is the worst thing you can do when fighting a southpaw.

He should've asked Postol to keep the fight at center ring and counter Bud with the right.

These Ukrainians need to ditch these guys and go for trainers who can compliment their styles. These trainers (I'm looking at you to Robert Garcia) turn perfectly good classically trained boxers into cannon fodder.

No advice would have helped postil he got his ass whooped simples.

Comment

Freddie takes all his fighters and they all end up with a bunch of the same flaws.

Wasn't that big of a deal though, Postol just wasn't good enough.

Comment

Roach couldn't adapt. At one point he asked Postol to throw stiff jabs because Crawford was coming at him. He should've asked him to throw the lazy jab then counter with the overhand right. That's called adapting. I have a feeling him and Robert Garcia train southpaws like they do orthodox boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
          No advice would have helped postil he got his ass whooped simples.
          In the words of the late great Ray Arcel:

“I’ll tell you something about trainers… and that includes me. You’re only as good as the fighter you work with. I don’t care how much you know, if your fighter can’t fight, you’re another bum in the park.”

Comment

i have to agree. yes, crawford was the superior athlete and fighter and would've won anyway, but that still doesn't excuse roach's bad gameplan and advice

i wish lomachenko's father would open up a gym in california and take on some of the ukrainian boxers, especially the ones he already worked with in the ams

Comment

I don't think that's fair. He has a ko victory over ****ing Matthysse, won a world title and was the #1 fighter in the division.

I hate how people abandon losing fighters. We're now seeing it with Postol.

Comment

Working...
              X