No announcement yet.

Flying to USA next month

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying to USA next month

I'm taking a trip to America next month with my wife staying at New York, LA and Hawaii. Just wanted to ask any of the BoxingScene peeps if they recommend anything or care to share any tips which might help.

At the moment, only really keen on checking the usual landmarks, hotspots etc, feel free to comment with any suggestions.

Only notable fight happening during my stay is the Hopkins-Kovalev fight in New Jersey. Interested in going but without doing to much research I can see it's a few hours apart from Times Square (where we will be staying).

Thanks for reading.

As to sightseeing in NY, I think one of the best things is to do a hop-on, hop-off bus tour which will take you around everywhere and you just catch the next bus when you're finished looking at something. There will be similar trolley tours in LA.

http://www.grayline.com/tours/new-yo...-hours-5870_5/
    http://media.tourcms.com/a/5889/3/5870.pdf

I think buses leave for Atlantic City not far from Times Square. Takes 3 hours or so to get there. I've never been to AC so I don't know much more than that.

Comment

When you're in Hollywood hold your belongings tightly.

The actual section of Hollywood is full if crazies.

Make sure to check out Malibu. You won't be able to go into the balling neighborhoods where the celebs live because they are guarded and private entrance etc.

Go eat at a bed and breakfast called Malibu country inn. Right above the ocean and amazing food for surprisingly cheap prices for the quality and area. You will see at least one celeb or famous person if you eat breakfast there.

I mean it's not really a big deal but if you or more likely your wife is into the celeb culture that is the place to go in the morning because it's small and out of the way and right near the celebs homes so theythey aways avoid the pap. By eating breakfast there. And like I said it's a beautiful view maybe one of the best in socal of the mountains and the beach.. and food is delicious and cheap. Don't be surprised if one of your servers is an aspiring actor or something and tells you movies you can see them in lol.

Comment

John's Pizza in NYC. Museum of Modern Art too

Comment

you know The empire state building is still standing tall or maybe freedom tower, maybe you can put them on the list to... you know...

Comment

151st and edgecombe for that dank, son.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
              When you're in Hollywood hold your belongings tightly.

The actual section of Hollywood is full if crazies.

Make sure to check out Malibu. You won't be able to go into the balling neighborhoods where the celebs live because they are guarded and private entrance etc.

Go eat at a bed and breakfast called Malibu country inn. Right above the ocean and amazing food for surprisingly cheap prices for the quality and area. You will see at least one celeb or famous person if you eat breakfast there.

I mean it's not really a big deal but if you or more likely your wife is into the celeb culture that is the place to go in the morning because it's small and out of the way and right near the celebs homes so theythey aways avoid the pap. By eating breakfast there. And like I said it's a beautiful view maybe one of the best in socal of the mountains and the beach.. and food is delicious and cheap. Don't be surprised if one of your servers is an aspiring actor or something and tells you movies you can see them in lol.
              This is the kind of information you want.

The ESB, Chrysler buildings etc are interesting for about ten minutes. Way too crowded though and honestly not worth the time/hassle.

Comment

Working...
              X