No announcement yet.

Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    Cotto is tougher than Hatton, JMM, that version of Shane, and Ortiz. I don't see how you say he's one of the least tough fights since Oscar.

I agree that the version of Oscar that Floyd fought was definitely more of a challenge than Cotto though.
    No, he's not.

Not in my opinion.

Comment

Cotto should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        It's still an important fight for Floyd though, to get Cotto on his resume while Cotto can still fight.

I just can't see anyway that Cotto is a serious threat to Floyd style wise.
        It's a decent fight. At best.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          It's a decent fight. At best.
          It's the best one for him right now, aside from Manny which wasn't happening, and Sergio who was fighting Macklin.

Comment

No way.

Cotto will get dominated.

Comment

Oscar is by far the harder fight for a number of reasons. I think he was bigger, faster, & stronger than Cotto is. I think Floyd was obviously younger & more in his prime but Floyd was also more smaller & clearly had less strength at that time. He was seen as kinda weak at 140 and espically at WW at the time. Now you see him as no one at WW can really bully him.

Floyd is just more equipped for 154 right now. Natually bigger & stronger than before. I think Floyd was a lil fearful in the Oscar fight. Not knowing if he can handle a bigger man for sure, very scared to get hit by the Oscar hook because he wasnt sure if he could take the punch, and so on. Made him fight very cautious. He wont be like that this time

Comment

Cotto will put Floyd down in the canvas at least one time. Floydsexuals are just crazy to think that PBF will just roll over Miguel.

He may win, but I assure you its going to be an up-hill battle for FMJr.

No matter what, Yo voy al mio! Miguel TKO/KO by 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  Than Oscar was at 154 in 2007? I think this version of Cotto is a tougher task than that version of Oscar. What you think?
                  based on what?

Comment

No Oscar was the superior fighter

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      Oscar is by far the harder fight for a number of reasons. I think he was bigger, faster, & stronger than Cotto is. I think Floyd was obviously younger & more in his prime but Floyd was also more smaller & clearly had less strength at that time. He was seen as kinda weak at 140 and espically at WW at the time. Now you see him as no one at WW can really bully him.

Floyd is just more equipped for 154 right now. Natually bigger & stronger than before. I think Floyd was a lil fearful in the Oscar fight. Not knowing if he can handle a bigger man for sure, very scared to get hit by the Oscar hook because he wasnt sure if he could take the punch, and so on. Made him fight very cautious. He wont be like that this time
                      He seemed tense a little bit in the Oscar fight, and just cruised to the decision. Everything in Floyd's career, as far as making money and becoming the most well known guy in the sport, was riding on that fight. And it wasn't a terrible fight either. Oscar was a Top 5 SWW and the WBC SWW champ, was much much much bigger than Cotto is. Floyd just seemed tense while he was fighting, and even though he should have won the clear cut UD, he let the judges almost rob him of that win by cruising much of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X