No announcement yet.

1 Billion: Most under and overated fighters in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Billion: Most under and overated fighters in history

Who are your picks for the most underrated and overrated fighters in the history of boxing.

Underrated - Harold Johnson

Overrated - Probably Tyson but only because of how causual fans rate him as opposed to historians who don't really overrate him at all.

Comment

I think Pone Kingpetch is also in the running for most underrated fighter ever considering he hasn't even been inducted into the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Underrated - Harold Johnson Overrated - Probably Tyson but only because of how causual fans rate him as opposed to historians who don't really overrate him at all.
        Harold Johnson is a good shout

As for OVER rated id say Pac Man, he's a GREAT fighter and deserves alot of credit and respect but he is not THE GOAT as ive heard MANY claim and its not even just casual fans like u mean with Mike

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Harold Johnson is a good shout

As for OVER rated id say Pac Man, he's a GREAT fighter and deserves alot of credit and respect but he is not THE GOAT as ive heard MANY claim and its not even just casual fans like u mean with Mike
          I would agree that Pacquaio is overrated in the sense that people are talking as if he is a Top 30 ATG which is something I disagree with.

I wouldn't say he is amongst most overrated fighters of all time because he is a certified ATG. It is more to do with the hype that surrounds the fact he is active and secondly because he is very exciting.

Think about 4 years ago, they were saying the same thing about Mayweather. And the same thing happened in Tyson and Chavez' day.

But I do agree he is overrated in that sense.

Comment

Overrated: Lennox Lewis, it isn't hatin', I just don't feel he should be a top 5 heavyweight of all time because he had 2 embarrassing KO losses to C-B level fighters and never really had that career defining win.

Underrated: Of course Harold Johnson like Iron brought up today and yesterday. Also give a shoutout to Jake Lamotta. Probably just because he don't get talked about enough, the man was a great middleweight, arguably the greatest chin, and fought the greatest fighter of all time SIX ****IN TIMES!

Comment

Most underrated: Gilberto Roman. One of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time, and IMO the greatest 115 fighter ever. Year after year, the Hall of Fame snubs him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                Overrated: Lennox Lewis, it isn't hatin', I just don't feel he should be a top 5 heavyweight of all time because he had 2 embarrassing KO losses to C-B level fighters and never really had that career defining win.

Underrated: Of course Harold Johnson like Iron brought up today and yesterday. Also give a shoutout to Jake Lamotta. Probably just because he don't get talked about enough, the man was a great middleweight, arguably the greatest chin, and fought the greatest fighter of all time SIX ****IN TIMES!
                I think Jake Lamotta is underrated in the sense that alot of people don't realise what he did outside of the 6 Robinson fights in which he did alot and beat alot of good fighters.

But I wouldn't say he is amongst the most underrated fighters of all time considering if 9/10 casual fans know that he beat Sugar Ray Robinson and he had a blockbuster film made about his life starring one of the greatest actors of all time.

When there's fighters like Harold Johnson who is a certifed ATG who beat some of THE greatest fighters of all time, multiple HOF'ers and ATG's and people don't even know who he is. The amount of people I have had PM me asking who is the person in my display picture is remarkable considering he is such a great fighter.

Along with a long list of fighters like Kingpetch and like Sbleeder mentioned Roman who incredibely haven't even been inducted into the HOF and most likely never will.

Comment

Overrated - Sugar Ray Leonard, Stanley Ketchel(by some.)

Underrated - Mickey Walker, Ezzard Charles, Bob Fitzsimmons.

Comment

Overrated: Julio Cesar Chavez, L.Lewis, V.Klitschko, Oscar De La Hoya.

I bolded the last 3 because I think them being active/recently active plays a big factor to be fair.

Underrated: Harold Johnson, Holman Williams, Eddie Booker.

Only started having a proper look at Williams resume and its simply outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                    X