Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Bob Arum intentionally fix Pacquiao vs Bradley to avoid Floyd????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Oh, you mad too? LMAO....T.B.E.
    Not at all. I don't think he's the best ever but he's great.

I don't consider you a real Mayweather fan since you've never seen him fight live despite having easy access to attend his fights for almost 20 years.

Comment

i highly doubt it...

Comment

No that isn't possible. You are just rewriting history to suit yourself because you hate Pacquiao and worship Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          No that isn't possible. You are just rewriting history to suit yourself because you hate Pacquiao and worship Mayweather.
          where am i rewriting history sir?

Comment

might have done to build bradley as a star

Comment

I don't think so cause Marquez KO should have derailed that fight what that did it made Pacquaio accept the fight on Floyds rules no steroids for you but I get to use and I get to use IV flush While Ellerbee pee's in the bottle for me might have a high estrogen count but thats okay

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                I don't think so cause Marquez KO should have derailed that fight what that did it made Pacquaio accept the fight on Floyds rules no steroids for you but I get to use and I get to use IV flush While Ellerbee pee's in the bottle for me might have a high estrogen count but thats okay
                The Marquez fight derailed it all the way until 2015

I believe the Bobfather's intention with Bradley was to stall it for another year or two with the emergence of Bradley as a credible opponent.
                Last edited by mcdonalds; 03-26-2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

remember bobs countdown "clock" for floyd to accept some offer that arum wouldnt give any details about and floyd never actually got? lolol

remember bob out there pretending to want to fight floyd and then out of nowhere had clottey ready to go for dallas? and floyd was left sitting there with no opponent so he had to get berto to pull out of the shane mosley fight for him so he could have shane himself?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    No. I just think the judges over compensated for the horrible robbery of Marquez-Pacquaio 3.

Pointless thread.
                    Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    i highly doubt it...
                    No. You are wrong. The 1st fight was 100% a cold turkey F I X. Arum's response MOMENTS AFTER the fight..while he's IN THE RING with both guys...

"This is a death knell for boxing, and I'm going to make a ton of money on the rematch," Arum said.
                    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing...-pacquiao.html

Arum has no shame and doesn't even hide the fact he's corrupt as they come...openly reminding people how "convenient" it would be for a rematch to be BIG BUSINESS

Why would a rematch (or trilogy) be big business?

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    might have done to build bradley as a star
                    Yes. Tim Bradley was also under Top Rank and Bop wanted to "steal" the AA fan base from Floyd. Trouble is Bradley has no marketability and AA's don't identify with Tim the way they do Floyd.

The "judging" was purely a crooked investment on Arum's part to try and hoodwink the public...yet again. Sounds like something Donald Trump might do. . .

And to clarify - Arum wasn't "protecting" Pacman from Floyd. He was simply trying to "eliminate" Floyd WHO WAS A MASSIVE THREAT TO HIS POCKETS since he would never take a 50/50 split...but both Bradley and Pac were Top Rank lifers. He would get such a large cut..he desperately wanted a rivalry to form after that horrible judged fight. Thankfully the public never bought into it and didn't pay their hard earned dollar
                    Last edited by Bjl12; 03-26-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                      The Marquez fight derailed it all the way until 2015

I believe the Bobfather's intention with Bradley was to stall it for another year or two with the emergence of Bradley as a credible and opponent.
                      I still consider Tim Bradley Manny's best win at WW. Cotto is right behind it, but Bradley was undefeated and was undisputed at 140. No he wasn't the BEST WW, but - at the time - he was Top 5 on every Pound for Pound list

Bradley didn't turn out to be as good as needed, but he was "the deal" at 140 and definitely held his own at 147.

Cotto win was also very strong, but definitely very convenient. Cotto got stopped in bad fashion against Terminator with bricks in his gloves. Then he lost a very tough decision (although was gifted) against a game Clottey.

Cotto went into his fight Pac at 145lb catchweight with a NEW TRAINER. And boy did it show. The "trainer" had very little to offer in between rounds...instead telling Cotto to "fight like a Puerto Rican" and nonsense like that. That stuff works after the 10th or 11th in the championship rounds. But you NEED to have more in a fight of that caliber during the 3rd and 4th rounds so adjustments can be made.

Comment

Working...
                      X