Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on welfare after a certain time have their voting right revoked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    hahaha. Are you THE safespace???? I have to say, it's a pleasure to meet you. Simply because you must have beat the absolute dog shlt out of 1bad for him to repeatedly accuse 90% of this forum of being you! I've never seen anyone so rattled that they see their "opponent" EVERYWHERE.

Sorry that he's annoying you with it, but good work!
    Nice to meet you!

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
      I don't think people are lazy, whether they're on welfare or not; certain people have just lost their way. It could be due to very significant reasons, and addressing those should be the correct path, rather than punishment.

It's rather tiring to see poor people being used as whipping boys.
      Call it whatever you want. Some people bust their asses off at minimim wage jobs, working overtime or two jobs to make ends meet for themsleves and their families. Hard exhausting work.

Others expect a paycheck handed out to them to then waste it on drugs or alcohol. I have nothing against drugs or alcohol. You work for your money, you are free to spend it as you please. But when you leech off people’s hard earned tax money and then burn it like that, then you deserve to lose some rights, including your right to influence politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Call it whatever you want. Some people bust their asses off at minimim wage jobs, working overtime or two jobs to make ends meet for themsleves and their families. Hard exhausting work.

Others expect a paycheck handed out to them to then waste it on drugs or alcohol. I have nothing against drugs or alcohol. You work for your money, you are free to spend it as you please. But when you leech off people’s hard earned tax money and then burn it like that, then you deserve to lose some rights, including your right to influence politics.
        I'm not a fan of drugs or alcohol; that's a problem we could and should be addressing. We can start by asking ourselves why people turn to them in the first place and work our way up from there. People can lose themselves in all kinds of ways, but the best path is always to attempt redemption. We could do a lot, if we tried.

Comment

I'm not a fan of drugs or alcohol; that's a problem we could and should be addressing. We can start by asking ourselves why people turn to them in the first place and work our way up from there. People can lose themselves in all kinds of ways, but the best path is always to attempt redemption. We could do a lot, if we tried.
          I simply memtionned drugs and alcohol as its what some welfare recipients spend it on. Others use the money to survive, pay their rent and food, and are satisfied with their situation. They are happy with what they have, do not need to work and have all their free time to do what they want while living off other people’s hard work, and not forcing themslves. The main point is receiving a residual income without putting in any work.

Comment

I simply memtionned drugs and alcohol as its what some welfare recipients spend it on. Others use the money to survive, pay their rent and food, and are satisfied with their situation. They are happy with what they have, do not need to work and have all their free time to do what they want while living off other people’s hard work, and not forcing themslves.
            I think you overestimate what they receive and underestimate their situations. People are more than a status.

Comment

I think you overestimate what they receive and underestimate their situations. People are more than a status.
              I don't think I underestimate people who are pure lazy bums. There are plenty of those.

Comment

I don't think I underestimate people who are pure lazy bums. There are plenty of those.
                I think you underestimate the situations of poor people.

Comment

Yes, because their votes are being bought by candidates who support indefinite and almost permanent welfare benefits. If you are contributing absolutely nothing in terms of taxes, community services, etc., then you should not have a say during elections.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Yes, because their votes are being bought by candidates who support indefinite and almost permanent welfare benefits. If you are contributing absolutely nothing in terms of taxes, community services, etc., then you should not have a say during elections.
                    Exactly. They will vote for the party that offers them the most welfare, said party being the democrats 100% of the time.

Comment

Exactly. They will vote for the party that offers them the most welfare, said party being the democrats 100% of the time.
                      Guys like Ben Franklin and Alexis deToqueville warned us of this over a century ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X