No announcement yet.

Hurd is just a stronger Margarito.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurd is just a stronger Margarito.

I’ve watched the Hurd Lara fight twice now. Hurd is a come forward fighter who eats shots while wearing you out. His footwork is sloppy and he was off balance and all over the place in this fight. He tires out his opponents by his ability to walk through shots. He’s enjoyed a huge size and height advantage over his opponents. Once he fights someone with pop,good skills and a good gas tank, I think he may have to re-evaluate his defense and footwork because I see him taking his first loss. Lara was beating him in this fight before he got tired IMO.

and margarito was very good as he beat guys like sergio and cotto although the fanbase of a certain fighter who ducked him wants to pretend he was a bum so the duck doesnt look as bad

Comment

margarito was a WW for 10 years. hurd will be a 168 lber by then

there are some similarities, but hurd's style is more about size and margarito's was more about his gas tank, chin, and pressure. margarito fought like a real mexican with body work and a rising tempo, hurd fights like a more polished chavez jr, all he does is big.

we'll see if hurd's chin is as good as margarito's. margarito has one of the very best chins i have ever seen.

margarito also may have had plaster in his gloves for much of his career, and i haev a hard time really evaluating how hard he hit. if you go off of the cintron and cotto fights he's definitely a bigger hitter than hurd.

Comment

A prime Margarito is an elite fighter, so if this is an insult, it doesn't work.

Hurd is similar, he does some things better and some things worse but overall he presents 154lbers with the same issues that Margarito did at welterweight.

Comment

The worst diss ever. Dude watch margarito fights. There were a few the guy was a nonstop machine

Comment

I don't understand how this is supposed to be a bad thing. Margarito was a damn good fighter and Hurd is too.

Comment

If Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito had a baby, you get Jarrett Hurd

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                If Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito had a baby, you get Jarrett Hurd
                that would be some danny devito arnold shiat

Comment

He doesnt walk through shots like margarito

He does retreat momentarily when you catch him

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    He doesnt walk through shots like margarito

He does retreat momentarily when you catch him
                    Exactly when Lara hit Hurd a few times with those left hooks Hurd definitely eased off a little bit. Hurd also stopped throwing power punches in the middle rounds because Lara was countering him pretty hard early.

I think if Lara was his size and had more punching power he would have stopped him. Lara would have beaten Jermell that night though so it’s why I think him and Hurd are a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X