No announcement yet.

Is Manny Making a Mistake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Mistake? Of course not, Vargas doesn't possess the tools so there isn't anything Morales can do for him. Vargas doesn't throw straight punches, he doesn't have Morales' signature lead right hand, especially to the body and where the mismatch starts is, Vargas' stamina issues/ lack of a punch.

I've always said Pacquiao's defense is underrated because we tend to ignore that it takes a certain kind of offense to touch him, Vargas isn't gonna touch him.
    Great points. Also Morales' footwork on the front foot was subtle and genius,

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
      That's a shame.... And I don't see what you think is funny you little manchild. I didn't know who currently trained Jesse Vargas....So what?
      I was laughing cause your whole point of this thread just got thrown out the window. It's not that serious

Comment

Great points. Also Morales' footwork on the front foot was subtle and genius,
        I'd say Morales' lead right hand was better than Marquez', and we know Marquez has a great lead right hand. That and Morales' feint, his feints is what impressed me most because he was able to make fighters freeze up, they couldn't tell what was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          I was laughing cause your whole point of this thread just got thrown out the window. It's not that serious
          How is that funny? I was trying to start a discussion. That still happened, In fact I even learned something. Most people would just tell me, you are clearly just an assh0le. Anyways, thanks for the update of Vargas, I don't follow him closely and wasn't aware he still trained in Floyd's gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            I'd say Morales' lead right hand was better than Marquez', and we know Marquez has a great lead right hand. That and Morales' feint, his feints is what impressed me most because he was able to make fighters freeze up, they couldn't tell what was coming.
            His feints, shifts, subtle changes in height/levels....Morales was a true master.

Comment

How is that funny? I was trying to start a discussion. That still happened, In fact I even learned something. Most people would just tell me, you are clearly just an assh0le. Anyways, thanks for the update of Vargas, I don't follow him closely and wasn't aware he still trained in Floyd's gym.
              jesus Christ relax

Comment

I would have rather seen Pacquiao fight Crawford at 140. It would have given Pacquiao a chance to be champion at a new weight class and I think he can beat Crawford.The Vargas fight is fine with me. Pacquiao is fighting a world champion in Vargas so it's a quality fight. Unification fights are always a good thing with 4 champs in each weight class. Pacquiao just beat Bradley easily and Bradley recently beat Vargas easily until he was dropped and hurt by Vargas in the 12th round. I think Pacquiao can beat Vargas without much of a problem. If Pacquiao has his killer instinct working he should get the KO. If he just wants the win but not the kill he should win a clear ud in my opinion. Pacquiao is well past prime but going off his last fight he still has plenty left for Vargas level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  jesus Christ relax

Comment

the mistake is letting this sorry ass fight come to fruition

i ****ing hate Vargas and asking me to pay money to watch him is downright insulting

Comment

So I was just thinking about the upcoming Manny Pacquiao vs Jesse Vargas fight. Great fight(I don't see how Crawford at 140 is better than Vargas at 147) and many will tell you that I am no Pacquaio fan making an excuse.

That being said I feel Vargas is been slept on. Not because I think he's proved through out his career to be an amazing fighter but because of the subtle signs of improvement in his last fight....

This improvement is down to own thing.. or rather one man.... Erik Morales.
                      Now men like Morales, true masters of their sport, know that such things as "punchers are born" or "just improve what you have" is nonsense spouted by those who were trained by terrible trainers.

Now beyond Morales ability to improve Vargas as an all around fighter, there is his expertise in fighter Mr. Manny Pacquiao. Morrales fought Manny three times, winning the first in a classic and also showed in all fights to be able to get to Manny at will with his own punches.

So obviously Vargas is up against the wall here and facing a fighter with much faster hands and importantly(IMO) feet but can his improvements in technique coupled with Morrales insight level the playing field? Or has Manny evolved too much as a fighter?

*P.S* Please try not comment saying the fight is bad or that Manny is ducking Crawford...I am well aware many feel like this and that discussion is happening in many other threads, that it there.
                      Truth be told like the vargas fight better as a viewer...Why should the old man Manny drain down to 140 to face a fighter that weighed 158 in the ring his last fight, far more than Manny ever weighed in the ring, the duck move by tc and HBO hate on top of doublesided comments from roach the recent commentary towards Manny has been disrespectful as ****k

Comment

Working...
                      X