Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rafel Just say Floyd wants to compete at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet he couldn't make the catchweight against Marquez three years ago?

Anyways, I think you might have misunderstood, can't see this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
      Floyd's too old to drop down to 140, he hasn't fought there in 8 years. Weight drained Floyd would get KO'd for sure by the heavy hitters there.
      It would definately be a suprizing move and one that I agree may have a negative effect on Mayweather. Let's see how this develops, as someone else has confirmed the statement.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
        Floyd's too old to drop down to 140, he hasn't fought there in 8 years. Weight drained Floyd would get KO'd for sure by the heavy hitters there.
        Floyd doesnt cut weight to fight at 147 , he fights at a natural weight without drying out and its the same ring weight 140 pounders step in at , I dont think 7lb would be much of a problem for him to dry out the old way and rehydrate back to his natural weight , nobody at 140 would touch him .
        You fellas just dont realize what Floyd is , the only guys that have any chance of beating him are bigger , nobody his size will win a round from him .

Comment

Simply not possible, I was informed by many flom...floyd fans there's no way he could make 140.

Comment

i think its a horrible idea. floyds not 25 anymore

Comment

i think he could do it easy...drop to 140.. destroy danny garcia... if ortiz can make 140... so can floyd.

Comment

Haven't seen too many fighters coming down to a lower age at this advanced age and be successful.,.

Comment

ALA Roy Jones.....

Comment

I doubt Floyd can make the weight. I understand he didn't fight in 2 years before he fought Marquez, but he couldn't even make the catchweight of 143 or whatever it was. And that was 4 years ago.

And why should he sacrifice his body. Floyd is the biggest draw in boxing and doesn't have to chase fighters at 140. The top fighters at 140 need to chase Floyd by moving up to 147, and I'm sure most of them wouldn't mind.
                    Last edited by Willy Wanker; 04-17-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Why would he do that when he can just get any of those guys to come up to 147? In any case, cutting the weight to get to 140 at his age ups the risk of getting Broner'ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X